Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

No vhold untill MS9 warms up for 2-3minutes

Flain

Question

Per the title, i have a MS9 arcade CRT and when i turn it on the picture is acting like there is no vhold - often rolling really fast. If i leave the screen for 2-3 minutes it stabilizes on its own and is good for as long as i'm playing. It's in a sega new astro city and there is no vhold setting on the monitor control panel.

Does this mean it's on it's way out? Is there anything i should do to try fixing it/prolong the life of it?

3 answers to this question

It is possibly failing capacitors, and you should probably look at overhauling it before you do have a failure.

DO NOT just go and start adjusting pots that are not for user adjustment unless you have the correct equipment and knowledge to adjust anything. You can cause significant issues that will require some skill and equipment to correct.

Old post but i thought id give info on the issue - those jamma pi solutions seem to put the MS9s out of wack after using them for long enough. It got to the point where the display wouldn't show anything at all, i thought it was dead jim.

Plugging an original jamma board in and leaving the machine on for a while brought it back to life (i used a PGM2 i had). I've stopped using any jamma pi setups in this machine and haven't had any issues since.

Yeah, Jomac has said that using things like GroovyMAME and other multiboards, pijamma etc. on Nanao MS series chassis can slowly damage and then ultimately destroy the sync module. He recommends to not use the MS-8 and MS-9 with anything except original arcade boards.

I had an old MS8-26 that was running GroovyMAME and one day it just lost sync. Sent it off to Joey and he said the sync module had been damaged by frequencies that were just outside its 15khz range.

• Like 1