Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Kong Off 3 - 10th and 11th August 2019

Ladies and gentlemen!!

It is time to announce the Australian Kong Off 3!!!!

And there could not be a better time as the competitive Donkey Kong scene is well and truly alive right now.

Kong Off 7 was ran in Banning, California over March 15th to 17th with new winner Jeff Wolfe taking the crown.

On the very same weekend, John McCurdy set a new world record with a score of 1,249,500 jumping over Robbie Lakemans score by just 1,800 points.

And finally we have a new Australian record holder in Matt Tecchio. After attending his first Kong Off at Netherworld last year and finishing 3rd, Matt achieved his first kill screen several months later then threw up 930,700 recently to take the Australian crown from Shane Sawle and Allen Staal. Matt is tracking for a million plus score any day and is going to make the Kong Off 3 competition tougher then ever.

Australian Kong Off 3 is one of the biggest arcade events in the country so expect to see fun times, high scores, kill screens and arcade royalty.

Tickets are $45 and include two Ekka gate passes, unlimited qualifying attempts (fair pay rule abides) and a limited edition pin by Luke Sheild. Luke has also done a killer job on the poster artwork so expect to see more from him including marquees, t-shirts and custom side art.

The Australian Kong Off 3 will also be hosted by none other then Kong Off founder and arcade legend, Richie Knucklez. Richie will be bringing along his daughter Faith also who is one of the best female Dk players on the planet.

All the action will be live on Twitch hosted by local arcade legend Phil Day.

Presented by Hutchinson Builders, Richie Knucklez and Netherworld

Tickets on sale from Tuesday the 16th of April at midday. Lot's of information at bnepac.org

Tickets at - http://www.eventbrite.com/e/australian-kong-off-3-tickets-54968782107

Or if you are going to attend both KO3 and the AAC see this link - http://www.eventbrite.com/e/kong-off-3-aac-combo-tickets-59632283766

Already counting the sleeps mates!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145840[/ATTACH]

NW-Poster-Kong-Off-III-Web.thumb.jpg.ad493b3cab2f5e1f592bc6f60cf2e0de.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Nails

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Original post updated mates.

Tickets on sale next Tuesday from midday

Just an FYI that all event entry fees go to the production of the event and prize money. Any arcade celebrities you may meet at the event have been catered for by our generous sponsors.

NW-Poster-Kong-Off-III-Web.thumb.jpg.cc80578c851e82c05407c63050217036.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Walter Day is coming!!!

Walter Day is often described as the father of competitive videogaming for his creation of the Twin Galaxies International Scoreboard in 1982. During the videogame arcade boom of the early 80s Walter saw the need for an international scoreboard to track the achievements of players all around the globe and took it upon himself to be the scorekeeper with Twin Galaxies becoming the official supplier of videogame records for the Guinness Book of World Records. Walter was not only a scorekeeper, but also a mentor figure for an entire generation of gamers whom he encouraged to rise to their fullest potential not just as gamers but as people.

He has since retired from his duties at Twin Galaxies but is still heavily involved with the International Videogame Hall of Fame and is the creator of the Walter Day Trading Card Collection which aims to recognise gamers for their achievements and their contributions to the global videogame community. It is very exciting to welcome to the BPAC showcase such an inspirational man who has brought so many people around the world together through this hobby.

Walter.jpg.f8f96e5575504e00812b452ba7a82c75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey mates

Couple of updates

Firstly, the BPAC Merch Store is officially open. Thanks to our mates at Indigo Wolf you can now order all the posters, Brisbane Pinball Masters and Kong Off 3 merch your heart desires.

https://indigowolf.com.au/bpac/

We have both designs in uni sex sizes, womens sizes, long sleeve tees, hoodies and hats. You also have 4 colours to choose from and whether you would like the main design on the front or on the back with a sweet sweet pocket.

The biggest thing to please keep in mind is that all merch must be ordered before Monday the 15th of July. All merch will be sent to Netherworld and can be collected when you drop by to pick up your gate passes, lanyards and showbags. Again, you must order before this date as a second run of printing is at this stage not on the cards and only super limited stock will be available at the event.

Also we have a link up for people to complete a quick player bio. They have started rolling in from some players and we are loving reading them.

The form is here: https://forms.gle/yQnX1UFvxuSbRoEu5

Profiles here: http://bnepac.org/player-bios/

Just reminder that all tickets must be purchased through eventbrite. Go to http://www.eventrbite.com and put BPAC in to the search bar and all available events will pop up. Just a reminder that the Classics Flip Frenzy has SOLD OUT.

All special guests have now been announced and can be found at http://bnepac.org/special-guests/

Any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers!!!

This AKO3 event is being organized to be a great tournament. Thanks to James and everyone involved in making it happen. Should be a terrific show.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

:023:

• 2 months later...

Grumpy I couldn't get up this year for it, although being my wife's 40th this weekend maaaay have had a large factor in that. haha

Good luck to everyone both attending and running it. Should be an absolute blast, providing the filthy brisbane bogans don't get in and wreck the machines before people can compete on them.. haha

• Administrators
Are there any live streams of this event apart from the one on Billy Mitchell's channel?

What a joke. That's like having Lance Armstrong stream the Tour de France.

I agree. I was greeted with an Ad proudly claiming "this ad supports Billy Mitchell" :(

Brad

Are there any live streams of this event apart from the one on Billy Mitchell's channel?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I got back to the hotel last night and watched the end of the stream and saw it was via his channel, absolutely disgraceful - I'm sorry, but it was.

Just catching up on all this... wow, so Billy Mitchell won it.

How do the players generally feel about this, given what has come before it, and what went down in the DK scene ? Are they all OK with it, is it like OK, give him another chance, or is it just one huge elephant in the room ?

Well done to Shane. I feel confident in saying that his game was top notch and far above the rest of us Aussies this weekend.

To answer the question above about Billy...

From a personal standing, I have no problems with him winning the tournament. It would be no different to any US player winning.

If Shane, Kibbey, Barra or I had played a better game then it would not have happened.

As for the valid concerns people have made above, maybe they can be addressed in the future.

It was a wonderful event to take place in and my one suggestion is they implement some sort of numbered ticketing system or app or something to ensure everyone gets a fair chance to play. Nobody should be fighting to get a chance to play. Might even need to consider building some more machines.

Dare I suggest the era of FPGAs may be upon us if required, even if just for qualifying. It would be great to allow visitors to get a chance to try DK as they watch the pros.

I could rant for days, but wanted to say thank you to Jack, Greg, Sean, Anthony, Allen, Tanya, Jimmy and eveyone else who made this a rad event to attend, I know I am missing a ton of people. Oh you too JB!

Special thanks to everyone who helped me get drunk enough to surpress my anxiety at playing in public...!

@Hayaeti, you've summed it up perfectly mate.

As Kong Off grows there is definitely a needs for more cabs which we are looking at right now.

The ticketing system is a good idea and maybe something like a whiteboard where you can put your name on the cab you want to play might work.

Overall it was an awesome weekend.

Edited by Kaizen

• Administrators

Dare I suggest the era of FPGAs may be upon us if required, even if just for qualifying. It would be great to allow visitors to get a chance to try DK as they watch the pros.

FPGA's don't emulate all the discrete hardware of a DK board or any other for that matter, one resistor or transistor can make all the difference. You may as well just use something running MAME or other software emulation, the end result is the same.

As for Billy I think the organisers have copped a lot of flak on their FB page over it already. There's no denying the bloke can play and he's a controversial figure however good or bad I'll leave that up to others to decide.

Congrats to everybody involved.

Edited by Arcade King