Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Kong Off 3 - 10th and 11th August 2019

It looked like an amazing event. I watched the streams and man you guys can play.

it's awesome to see what's happened in the DK scene in the last 15 years. The machines looked great too and so cool to see them all next to each other.

Congrats to all.

Just catching up on all this... wow, so Billy Mitchell won it.

How do the players generally feel about this, given what has come before it, and what went down in the DK scene ? Are they all OK with it, is it like OK, give him another chance, or is it just one huge elephant in the room ?

Billy played really well, he had a hell of a tough game against Barra who was looking the way stronger player.

I heard comments about Billy being the most consistent during weekend, that wasn't the case, Shane was by far the best player at the event over the weekend - Billy got a free pass in round 1 v Richie who doesn't take Kong Off's seriously when he gets to the finals - Billy beat Billy Jr - didn't see that game, but I heard it was pretty bad to watch. Billy Snr pretty much got a free pass to the final match if not for Barra serving it up.

But yeah, Billy was the elephant in the room - he should never have been at the event. The community in general didn't want him there, the Aussie DK community in general didn't want him there, it was fanboys that wanted him there.

Won't even get into the fact that Billy Snr ignore comp rules and restarted qualifying attempts more than he was allowed to do during the comp - rules not enforced, but apparently none of the refs knew to tell Billy to get off a machine.

• Administrators
I heard comments about Billy being the most consistent during weekend, that wasn't the case, Shane was by far the best player at the event over the weekend - Billy got a free pass in round 1 v Richie who doesn't take Kong Off's seriously when he gets to the finals - Billy beat Billy Jr - didn't see that game, but I heard it was pretty bad to watch. Billy Snr pretty much got a free pass to the final match if not for Barra serving it up.

I watched a fair bit of streaming. Billy got an almost walk straight into the final. You're right Ritchie never really takes it seriously that I seen over the last 3 years here and Billy Jr....I hate to suggest it but given his performance on all his other games it looked like he deliberately lost that one. Billy Mitchell can play, there is no doubt but the whole thing left a bad taste imo which is sad as its such an excellent weekend and fantastic for Arcade gaming in Australia. Well done to all who organised and ran it.

Oh well I don't like the game and 99% sure I'll never compete so it doesn't hurt me but I think it may have hurt Kong Off AU?

Brad

Billy Jr....I hate to suggest it but given his performance on all his other games it looked like he deliberately lost that one.Brad

Before their game Snr whispered something into Jnr's ear, and Jnr had a really strong reaction of dis-like to whatever was said. I thought that maybe Billy had said something like "It's time for you to have a moment in the spotlight son, I'm going to let you win." and I suggested this to those near me that I reckoned that was said and that Jr would win. Billy won and I didn't think more about it, until I read the comment above.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Jr. Billy cheated and is at worst lying to his son about it (and indeed also to Walter etc) or at best putting his son in an awkward position. The evidence is all there is Billy Jr wants to read about it. I'm glad I was able to grow up with an honourable Dad.

• 2 weeks later...