Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone made a bowling alley?

Berty

Question

Currently in the process of working with an arhitect on my new house design and layout and my wife and I are considering what it might take to have a full scale, single lane bowling alley incorporated into the floor plan. Aside from the components, does anyone have an idea of the space requirements? particularly overall lenth and height requirements?

9 answers to this question

The mini lanes at The Standard Bowl in Darlinghurst (Kinselas) are a lot of fun. Smaller balls and lanes etc. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=the+stardard+bowl&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-au&client=safari#fid=0x6b12ae1a072927e7:0x5323ef4f935f1853&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPQrDsBUu7RgBh4dyFuoc2DM3At0jLFvsQJDV1y&viewerState=im

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Curious that the brunswick one states 240V three phase. We will have 415V three phase.

I wouldn't worry about that, I found that diagram on a US website, posted the link that show the dimensions of the room required for the set up. There would be models to cater for the 415v market

Unless your a very keen competitive bowler, I reckon the mini lanes yhat @1.21 Gigawatts mentioned would be great fun at home...

So the cheapest way to do this is to buy refurbed lanes from bowling alleys in the US supposedly. I've got a mate doing this right now.

Flying the guy out who puts it together, plus the lanes come in at about half the cost of doing it locally. My mate was saying around $45k vs $100k to do it locally.

I can get you some details if you like.

edit: obviously this doesn't include the building, just the lanes and pin setters.