Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DE power supply board parts

Hi all

I'm trying to find a couple of parts to finish rebuilding a DE power supply board. Having trouble finding these parts locally in small quantity so I am looking for some drop-in replacements. I need the following:

- 1N4764 zener diode 100v

- 1N4760 zener diode 68v

Would these be suitable replacements?

- 100v zener - https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/6256518/

- 68v zener - https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/zener-diodes/6256473/

As far as I am aware as long as the nominal voltage is the same, an increase in wattage is OK. These zeners are hard to find in small quantities locally so any equivalent part would do the trick. The 5w diodes seem to be the most readily available though.

Appreciate any advice.

Higher wattage is fine. The zener is there to regulate the voltage they allow to pass through them and that is the critical part not the wattage they can handle.

The wattage that goes through them is determined by a resistor in the circuit so having a larger wattage zener will make no difference.

Higher wattage is fine. The zener is there to regulate the voltage they allow to pass through them and that is the critical part not the wattage they can handle.

The wattage that goes through them is determined by a resistor in the circuit so having a larger wattage zener will make no difference.

Thanks Steve. Confirms what I thought.