Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Coil Wiring

Hi,

I have ordered some new coils and when looking at how I think it should be wired its different from what was previously wired up. I am not sure the previous wiring was correct correct cause the board has a blow transitter.

From image below I wire the hot to number 1. Can someone confirm.

coil3.jpg.4571e75c84ac54b35a34cd57f346de48.jpg

Previous wiring was as shown below.

coil.jpg.f97cf706125fb27ea233070746a1afd2.jpg

Thanks

The grey line on the diode MUST go to the positive wire. The diode can be either way on the coil but you have to wire to the coil accordingly.

The direction of the diode always determines which wire goes where.

Edited by Autosteve

What machine was this on? Depending on the vintage, it may even be that the diode is not required at all as there's a diode at the board. If that's the case, the diode can be cut off and the coil wired either way.

If diodes are required, it's important to keep in mind how they work. One direction they don't allow power to flow and the other they are effectively a short. Hence, when you installed this coil with the diode in reverse to the previous installation, the power flowed directly through the diode with 0 resistance, so the fuse blows immediately.

Data East/SEGA... My batman Forever the Brown wire goes to the banded side of diode. Just as diagrams in manual show...

20181216_122928.thumb.jpg.29791a4fe9bd4e226fd13b10c47fa8f9.jpg

There needs to be a diode on the coil.

Previous wiring of your knocker appears correct :)

- - - Updated - - -

For that new coil, you need to either reverse the diode, with Brown wire on left lug in pic... or attach Brown to the right lug in your pic. Brown wire must go to Banded side of diode. The Purple wire connected to Unbanded end of diode.

What game is this exactly?