Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The History of Frogger arcade documentary

Nice video, but there was no mention of the programming bugs in the original arcade game, for me the fact that I often die due to poor collision detection or other bugs means this game misses out on my all time favorites lists and hardly ever gets played.

Nice video, but there was no mention of the programming bugs in the original arcade game, for me the fact that I often die due to poor collision detection or other bugs means this game misses out on my all time favorites lists and hardly ever gets played.

Agree, the collision and 'slow-mo' bugs make this game so frustrating. would be great if someone found out why and corrected the original rom.

Given the amount of homebrews going on for old platforms, hopefully it will happen eventually!

10 minutes well spent. Thanks for posing.

Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed my videos please subscribe if you haven't already

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I admit I forgot about the bugs when I was doing the video. The only but I was aware of was that sometimes when you would jump onto a log it would act as if you missed and put you right in the water. I was not aware of any other ones

Awesome video thanks for posting one of my favourite video games :)

Thank you very much. It's always been one of my favorites as well which is why I wanted to do a video on it. There wasn't much to talk about as far as information on the game but it was still a fun video to make

Thank you, I admit I forgot about the bugs when I was doing the video. The only but I was aware of was that sometimes when you would jump onto a log it would act as if you missed and put you right in the water. I was not aware of any other ones

There are three or four bugs I can think of right now, there might be others and more seasoned players would be able to explain in more detail. As you said jumping on a log and dying when you clearly made it, then there is the slowdown where sometimes your frogs legs will stretch out really slowly when jumping forward leaving them to get squashed by a car when you should have been well clear, then the traffic and logs speed being variable and sometimes the logs are so slow that the screen is nearly impossible or the cars are slow and at random times speed up and run you down.

Also sometimes it seems to have trouble with the movement and will move two spots for one input or one spot for two inputs, I guess that happens to everyone? maybe that bit is just me? I guess it's related to the slowdown bugs?

Yeah a fixed rom would be awesome and put the game into my top 10 list :)