Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

My latest purchase - Mortal Kombat 4

Very happy man today. My MK4 machine arrived today.

I have had a quick play to ensure everything works and I'm very happy.

I was actually after an MK2 machine but this popped up and I grabbed it. I thought about it for a while and figured I'd be better off with the later model machine and I can purchase some earlier MK PCB's later on.

I think I'll still end up with an MK2 machine at some point, but for now I'm over the moon. Machine is in very good condition.

If anyone has any MK Posters they want to sell please let me know. Also, after some REV.3 eproms as this is currently running REV.2. Please point me in the right direction!

48385649_1002276103316900_7378389133149863936_n.thumb.jpg.0e4bcf8ee144319d4fcec3b68d152e58.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice pick up.

We changed our MK4 from rev 2 to rev 3 about 5 years ago . We used this guy. http://www.hobbyroms.com/ He was very helpful and it was quick delivery. I can't remember the cost but I think it was reasonable. He also helped us with our Killer Instinct 2 cab. Might be worth an email to him , if you can't find anyone local.

Very nice pick up.

We changed our MK4 from rev 2 to rev 3 about 5 years ago . We used this guy. http://www.hobbyroms.com/ He was very helpful and it was quick delivery. I can't remember the cost but I think it was reasonable. He also helped us with our Killer Instinct 2 cab. Might be worth an email to him , if you can't find anyone local.

Thanks @oldbyte

I emailed him and he responded very quickly. I thought I'd ask Jomac aswell before ordering from overseas and Joey can do them for me which will basically end up being half the price. Very happy about that.

Nice machine, but what does Rev2 and 3 mean and do???

Sorry I’m a massive noob

The revisions were mainly for fixing bugs and adding content.

A list of Mortal Kombat 4 revisions

•Revision 1.0 - First Nationwide Release. The game was still incomplete and contained bugs. There were no bosses, no stories and no endings. The intro to Mortal Kombat 4 by Raiden was added, Noob Saibot was changed to being hidden and Jarek substituted in his place.

•Revision 2.0 - Second Nationwide Release. The game was complete and contained far fewer bugs. Character moves were changed and some were added. Jax, Reiko, and Cage were added to the center of the select grid and Shinnok was made the boss. Interactive backgrounds was added whcih all player characters to pick up and throw objects. Sidesteps, new winning poses, bone breakers, and some modified designs were also added.

•Revision 2.1 - This release fixed the infamous "down bug"

•Revision 3.0 - Third Nationwide Release. More bugs were fixed, including the fact that you can no longer do moves on Shinnok during his death animation. New Fatalities were added for all characters. A new Ceiling Spikes Stage Fatality for Goro's Lair, new Spiked Balls in Reptile's stage, new Kombat Kodes, and new Moves were also added. Kai now has Quan Chi's Ghurka Kukhri Weapon, Quan Chi has a new Mace Staff Weapon, Johnny Cage has a new Large Scimatar Sword. Johnny Cage also has a new Bullet Kick Bonebreaker. Finally, an expanded and modified Combo System was introduced, subtitles on were added to the endings, and the game's artificial intelligence AI was improved.

• 1 year later...