Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

PCB repairs in Sydney

thejudge

Question

I picked up some Caroma stools today and the guy also had this space invaders cocktail machine.

2018-12-13 11.04.14.jpg

2018-12-13 11.03.50.jpg

2018-12-13 11.04.04.jpg

2018-12-13 11.05.40.jpg

He said that he bought the apparently HUO machine in the hope of fixing it without any knowledge on how to do so.

He asked Danny Putt regarding the issue and he told him that the PCB had issues and gave him a quote to fix it that he wasn't happy with.

I'm not sure how long ago that was but he has now asked me if I knew anyone that could help.

I turned the machine on and I did see a glow in the tube, but no other signs of life.

So here I am asking if anyone would be able to help this guy to fix his possible PCB problem.

He is in the Menai area in Sydney.

Edited by thejudge

3 answers to this question

Kev maybe (KFE)? :unsure

The biggest issue with these clone boards is to be able to work on the PCB, you first need to make a harness to be able to plug the thing in. That's an hour+ operation in itself. You then need to fault find the issue, repair it, and you're now talking possibly many hours in labour. I personally think it's un-economical to repair these PCB's myself, or overly expensive to try (and the owner obviously doesn't want to pay).

He's do better finding someone to convert it to an LCD and sticking a 60 in 1 board in it.

Kev maybe (KFE)? :unsure

The biggest issue with these clone boards is to be able to work on the PCB, you first need to make a harness to be able to plug the thing in. That's an hour+ operation in itself. You then need to fault find the issue, repair it, and you're now talking possibly many hours in labour. I personally think it's un-economical to repair these PCB's myself, or overly expensive to try (and the owner obviously doesn't want to pay).

He's do better finding someone to convert it to an LCD and sticking a 60 in 1 board in it.

Great, thanks for that, I'll let him know. That's probably why the quote to fix it was high.

He wanted it original if possible as he already has a 60 in 1.