Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hands down best game ever

PC game in 1999 - Kingpin: Life of Crime.... you could set the profanity levels. I was young, dumb, and somehow found these sound files in one of the sub directories. The extreme profanity files were hectic.... no limits on the swear words used. You could play these files full blast on your hifi as your mates walked into the room :). Not possible today.

Man that was great. Used to drive to a mates work (isp that became realestate.com.au) and played online there for low pings.

That one rifle gun and then you got the cooler for it that allowed you to shoot faster!

Bag man mode was the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC game in 1999 - Kingpin: Life of Crime.... you could set the profanity levels. I was young, dumb, and somehow found these sound files in one of the sub directories. The extreme profanity files were hectic.... no limits on the swear words used. You could play these files full blast on your hifi as your mates walked into the room :). Not possible today.

Oh man, I loved this game!!

So hard to choose and I play all platforms but best memories would be

Amiga- sensible soccer

PC - Duke Nukem 3D/Warcraft/diablo/starcraft/Civ

Nintendo - mario 3/metroid

Xbox - halo 2

PS - crash bandicoot/gran turismo/resident evil

Sega - sonic adventure/streets of rage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And if I'm not mistaken... Kingpin also allowed you to create your own skin (facial). You could take front/side pics of your face and it would create an image, not such a good one due to the technology/graphics at the time, but an image none the less of your face for when you played on the network.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody remember a 90's PC game called "Tex Murphy" or something like that. It was the first time I heard digitised speech through a normal PC speaker.

Blew my mind.

My PC (AT-286) was slow... had to wait for it to load everytime you got into the space car to go somewhere.

Then I got a "maths co-processor" for it, plugged it into the motherboard and speed was improved.... I was so genuinely happy.

• 1 month later...

Without a doubt my favourite game of all time is Zelda: a Link to the Past on SNES. I absolutely love that game, it's basically perfect.

In close contention for that top spot would be:

Indianna Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC)

Wing Commander 2 (PC)

And then in no particular order:

Ocarina of time (N64/3DS)

Blood Omen Legacy of Kain (PC/PS)

Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)

Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Counter-Strike (original version(s) - PC)

Unreal (PC)

Doom/Doom2 (PC)

Descent Freespace (PC)

Wonder Boy III (SMS)

Super Double Dragon (SNES)

Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)

Metroid Prime (Gamecube)

Starwing/Starfox (SNES)

Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)

Rock n Roll Racing (SNES)

Half-Life (PC)

Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)

Donkey Kong (GB)

I'm sure there are more and I'm sure there are a lot that would be in the list but I just didn't happen to play them. Mario platformers sort of passed me by because I never had a NES. I never played Super Metroid but it's so highly regarded. SNES was definitely the golden era for me. I think that time, the 90s, was just a time in my life where I enjoyed games the most, and never have enjoyed them as much since.

Nobody mention 'The Last Ninja' on C64? absolute classic!

Also 'Stunt Car Racer' on C64.

Gotta say though, a mate and I have been putting a few hours up (after a few beers) on 'Wizard of War', so much fun.

No matter what strategy though, cant get past dungeon 8! :realmad: LOL.