Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 4 ~ The Pit (closes 30-Dec)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post #66 in this thread has my latest score... and in post #69 you even quoted my screenshot, but the posted high score image has 41900 for me... There's also post 57 which was my previous high score. :unsure

Am I seeing something different in the high score image? Is this what happens when you play too much of The Pit? I'm not sure what's going on, or what I'm seeing is even real... am I suffering from the Polybius effect by playing The Pit? :D

I also posted a score that wasn't updated. You're losing it, OOO! https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/97306-MGLXXXVIII-Game-4-The-Pit-(closes-30-Dec)?p=1216749#post1216749

Just got back from holiday after 10 days or so, will have time to have a few shots at this

The WR on the parent set is 200,800 by VERTEX-DAN

- - - Updated - - -

Well @Barra, what are you supposed to do in this case? :unsure

Not sure what you mean here?

890483956_4.SMK_thepit_139500_wolf106.png.260c6fe5c2b7ff64cd7e155e75a88997.png

This should have been so much higher. I think I was deprived of at least 1, if not 2 diamonds. I would have easily broken 150k, had I been able to complete the stage. I have time to squeeze a few more in before I move on to Ms. Pac.

Pessimeister: 91, 200

0019.png.6b691a6a08f2732a93cdfb06be7a9412.png

Missed my 100 k goal, but really enjoyed the challenge of this game despite the wacky controls.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you mean here?

I think @OOO was trying to help me out. :) I was dying heaps trying to exit the mine. Perhaps yourself, TIF and other 100 k+ scorers have some insight or more effective methods for escaping? How many players I wonder try to wait it out, dodge the hammers or simply take as much as possible and run? Being pixel perfect in line with the tunnel, especially when it gets faster is a real challenge!

Edited by Pessimeister

I think @OOO was trying to help me out. :) I was dying heaps trying to exit the mine. Perhaps yourself, TIFF and other 100 k+ scorers have some insight or more effective methods for escaping? How many players I wonder try to wait it out, dodge the hammers or simply take as much as possible and run? Being pixel perfect in line with the tunnel, especially when it gets faster is a a real challenge!

They fall left to right as far as I know, so that should be your path. Grab the left most diamond first. Can be quite random and frustrating, sometimes nothing you can do if one comes down in the wrong place at the wrong time

Edit: didn't end up firing this one up again. Nice work everyone!

Day 17 of 17.

Score submissions for Game 4 - The Pit are now closed.

Final Results ...

21p03rv.png

Despite the difficulty of the game, we had many gamers play The Pit extremely well. Barra, ILLSeaBass, DaLar, Ivanstorm1973, CrazyKongFan, redelf, SMK, creech, withinterest, RMacauley, Flobeamer1922, spectre and Prow all scored over 100K to take out 2nd to 14th places respectively. Very well played. It’s a pixel perfect game to do great.

Congratulations to Chris Clemente for winning Game 4, with great jewel recovery and great monster un-entrapment. Scoring 167,900 points, he sets a new TG world record. Outstanding!

1HkjrIK.png

Ms Pac-man is making short work of all the gamers and Bosconian is one where the gamers have some sort of chance on marathon settings. They are both fun games to play and breed determination.

:)