Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 4 ~ The Pit (closes 30-Dec)

A bit late but one key element in this game is you must reset the rom after you die. Otherwise, the hammers fall randomly. There still is an element of randomness when resetting but the percentages are in the users favor.

If the game is reset it is much easier to grab all 3 diamonds and survive the hammers. Sometimes, a diamond may be missed but 2 is still better than 1 or none. I had several runs where i should have had 170s or 180s and i had one where i was on pace for 200k+. However, this game probably wasn't meant for joysticks. The game is just not responsive as is when watching the pre-recorded intro.

Also, you should milk men in the beginning. There are a couple ways you coudl do this. Kill all men till about 2400 points then kill off your two lives while grabbing all the diamonds. 2400 is roughly the cut-off to kill men and grab all diamonds before the ship leaves.

Otherwise, kill 1900-2000 points worth then ~1500 on stage 2. ~1000 on stage 3. ~700 on 4. ~500 on 5 and then don't bother after that.

Some neat strats you can actually go through rocks as they are about to fall. You need to move a pixel or two up and then you are able to "move through rocks."

While its possible to get all the diamonds and make it back to the ship on level 9 (which i was on). You have to be perfect and with the controls being even more unresponsive. I was just about to cross the draw-bridge but timed out due to not being bit-perfect. For Level 9 and on you want to go down and left. Shoot the rock at the intersection so it falls and blocks the path (be sure you're to the left of it after it falls). Grab one big jewel and make your way back up. That is the game from here on out but at this point you're at the mercy of the hammers and real skiddish controls.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic