Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVI - Timeout - SPACE INVADERS 40th Anniversary in 2018

Hi Everyone,

The MGLXXXVI trailer had a promo with Space Invaders to celebrate the 40th anniversary of this legendary game. Without doubt, this game started the first golden age of arcade video gaming. I have posted a recent article published in Stack magazine celebrating this occasion for your enjoyment. I have also posted some other 40th anniversary events and the game highlights.

Space Invaders ... :)

HLuQh4i.jpg

130EO8h.jpg

eS65kKm.jpg

N5dm5bd.jpg

nlhN5Md.jpg

dxGRBFF.jpg

a7dT6nf.jpg

ptvqBlV.png

8zZu3wy.jpg

KXhJGS9.png

:)

Happy to have experienced both SI and Deluxe SI in the bowling alleys when they were still relatively new.

I spent ALOT of time playing the Atari 2600 of this as well as SI and Missile Command were actually pretty decent ports for the time to the 2600.

Thanks for posting this - certainly a pivotal game in arcade history and while this game seems slow by today’s standards - it still gets better the longer you play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 4 weeks later...

Found this great video on the 40th anniversary exhibit in Tokyo on Space Invaders ... a Space Invaders cafe, climbing, merchandise and a museum just to name a few ...

Pew ...

:)

- - - Updated - - -

And another video with the super massive 10 player Space Invaders game with the city as the background ... check out the mother ship ... gigantic!

:026: