Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wall mounted arcade cab

NiNJA

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this style of "cabinet" .... or wall mounted arcade system. Yes not traditional but interesting setup. Is the monitor too close to the controls when mounted flate like that rather than tilted?

1287418956_Wallcab2_2.jpg.36cd1e0f09e2cc3878bb92fa9c36b908.jpg

I really like the idea, but not that one. The whole point of a wall mounted arcade is that they are slimline and don't take up much room. The design and shape of that one is way too angular and large.

Something like this is a lot better. There are some really awesome wall mounted designs out there.

funkycade-Fain-Arcade-wall-mounted-arcade-machine-wallcade-wall-hung-arcade-1.thumb.jpg.72417ce34f8c30c2001307161377ddf4.jpg

The link below are things of utter beauty. Made by an artist and designer. Would be great to clone those ones and have a few mounted in a row.

https://hiconsumption.com/2018/06/love-hulten-originx-retro-arcade/

• 3 weeks later...

I love this idea a lot and I think @Kaizen has the best design. Just make sure you have GOOD airflow through the LCD or it will cook. I have a mate that mounted an LCD in a wall to make it flush and it looked great however the power supply overheated and the TV died.

LCD and LED TVs have vents at the bottom and the top and work on the principle of hot air rises drawing in more cool air from the bottom and the cooling effect of the internals is achieved. If either top or bottom vents are blocked, the system fails to cool and problems.

Something many people don't consider in normal TV setups and never clean the vents and therefore the TV dies an early death.