Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade repair person - Sydney?

fridgejam

Question

15 answers to this question

He dosen't do home calls anymore. I was at his place a couple of weeks ago to buy something and asked him the same question. He will if you take it to him, but I don't want to risk damage moving things. I would like someone to come to my place and fix my Defender that hasn't worked for more then two years. Please, I will watch this this thread with lots of hope?

Last time I spoke to Kev he mentioned that he doesn't have a second of patience for JAMMA game boards, perhaps that fellow at Padstow (Danny?) could do it.

Danny if you want get ripped off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s wrong with it mate

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

It’s hard to remember, but I think it had a little flickering, sometimes the all the buttons didn’t work, and now it is that jumbled test screen look to it.

It’s hard to remember, but I think it had a little flickering, sometimes the all the buttons didn’t work, and now it is that jumbled test screen look to it.

Assuming it's running an original PCB, it sounds like a board issue to me. Getting someone out is a waste of time as no one will be able to repair the PCB on site. The biggest issue with these era Williams boards is bad ram combined with crap IC sockets that all need replacing and faulty ribbon cables and connectors. I also hope the batteries have been removed. Is it running the original linear power supply?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Iam keen to learn how to fix these things as well. Know how to test and replace a power supply and reflow solder, crimp and so on but that’s about it at this stage. It’s too bad Norbert isn’t running an arcade repair course but iam sure he would run one if the numbers and money was right.

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Assuming it's running an original PCB, it sounds like a board issue to me. Getting someone out is a waste of time as no one will be able to repair the PCB on site. The biggest issue with these era Williams boards is bad ram combined with crap IC sockets that all need replacing and faulty ribbon cables and connectors. I also hope the batteries have been removed. Is it running the original linear power supply?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

I got the Defender of Gary Rogers in Gladestone a few years ago. The guy here from Texas. All boards redone and a full set of spare boards to go with it. New overlay with spare new Crt. Tubes of new chips and other things. I’m hoping it’s just something simple that an arcade guy could pick up on, or otherwise, change out each board one at a time to see if that’s it. Thankyou for your advise.