Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mafia by Team Pinball. New Game, new manufacturer!!

Wow!! Super impressive first up effort. Beautiful art, good integration of the LCD (albeit an odd size), great non licenced theme which will immediately garner interest. Hard to tell regarding playfield design, but looked ok.

Really hope they do well

Looks like the best thing to come out of Heighway Pinball. These guys find each other, learn some valuable lessons and then go on to actually build some games - all while holding down other jobs to keep the thing viable.

Well done. I hope it goes on to bigger and better things.

Didn't see this coming, is this the mystery pin that @Kaneda was talking about :confused:

looks to have a playfield protector fitted,

limited run & 35 for the USA

The pf art is printed on the underside of the “protector”. Same as what Homepin is using.

Was thinking the same thing re- Kaneda.

I understand why it is this price, but such a shame it’s not $4000usd. Great first effort nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually like the simplicity of it I sometimes get sick of these deep rule new machines, and who said you couldn’t do a pick it out of the air theme. I’d like to see some other titles but I must admit it is a bit pricey for what it is their prices would have to come down to be competitive, but I can’t see that happening which such low numbers being produced.

Good luck to them though it’s great to see all this competition and choices in pinball lately.

Enjoy it while it lasts because I don’t think the markets can support them all and a lot will go belly up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a great looking game. Hopefully they sell a lot and continue making games. However if the Kingpin remake happens, I don't think many people will go for this when a more modern game with the same theme is available.

I like the idea of a simple game. It has a good name. Uses common parts and the art looks sweet but unfortunately is priced two times what it should be but in saying that, I see no way they could sell them for less.

Three people with very limited specific trade knowledge makes for paying a lot of others to do all the dirty work involved in building such machines.

In saying limited specific trade knowledge I mean you can't have one person doing just software. That is one job that should be farmed out.

I think this type of work requires more "jack of all trades" people to make it viable and substantially reduce costs especially when it is a team of three.

Take out the software person and replace them with a metal fabricator with wood knowledge etc and you can then make machines for less cost while allowing you to make playfields with more unique features.

To tell you the truth though, this is an example of how I see pinball production going with very limited runs and made to order simple machines using off the shelf parts.

I wouldn't pay $10k for it, but would definitely check it out if it was on site.

Looks like they might have learned from everyone else's mistakes as well:

*No preorder scheme to blow up in their faces

*Original theme

*No overpromising on complicated toys they can't make work

*(Presumably) A straightforward ruleset everyone understands straight away

*(Also presumably) No interminable wait for code

10K AU? not likely

Houdini 7K US = 12K AU

so Mafia 7.5K US = $? AU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My point was I wouldn't pay 10K au for that crud so yeah at 12K or whateva it works out to ain't happening any time soon