Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iron Maiden (LE) Stern 2018

• Administrators

NIB I found a minor issue with the two stationary ball switches (Orb and sarcophagus).

Symptom-No ability to select a song at start of game & scores added before game start.

Correction-Adjust the leaf switch exactly the same way you would if it was a pop bumper.

Dave

so they did not supply the updated post eh

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133026[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Dave,

Glad you got your LE :023:

Sure has been a long wait, but well worth it by the looks :D

Can't wait for mine.

If this is gonna be an issues thread can title be changed ?

Would be great to have an AA IMDN issues reference thread.

There is going to be a bunch of switch and various other problems arise.

Wait till everyone starts complaining about ball launch :confused:

I expect it will be a busy thread for a while, especially for Premium and LE owners

Cheers,

Ando

newton post.jpg

Is this another Stern Dealer DIY warranty situation again?

spend $10k, get game with faults, later send you bits to fix your self.

Then praise the dealer for how great they were lol, only in pinball

Is that Just Stern or all Dealers?

I dont know, but these stern Dealers have to be the worst of the bunch, there was that cab decal fiasco a while ago, what dealer was it that just sent out decals for customers to install them selves?

Could you imagine buying a car with paint imperfections and the car dealer just sends you a tin of Paint for you to fix your self lol, Or missing a brake pad and sending you one in the mail, But not only That, then praise the dealer for how good their warranty is ahahaha.

To stop this sort of practice It might be better to actually exercise your right and get the dealers to actually abide by laws in this country and fix the product they sell them selves.

They seem tobe coming a custom to offering poor warranty service with DIY fixes, ahaha, Its complete madness

There will come a day where some Noob will be sent a part, have no understanding of the item, install it incorrectly and electrocute him or her self or burn their house down.

But Id guess it might be most of those NIB dealers as it seems acceptable in this hobby for some strange reason

I've always been offered a techie to come out and fit any part that needs replacing and said ive no need I'll fit it.

There has only been one instance in which one did come out because I didn't have the tools to fix it.

Im hearing and seeing some people are changing to roll over leaf springs in some areas to fix the issues that they are facing on some pins.

- Con

NIB I found a minor issue with the two stationary ball switches (Orb and sarcophagus).

Symptom-No ability to select a song at start of game & scores added before game start.

Correction-Adjust the leaf switch exactly the same way you would if it was a pop bumper.

Dave

Dave, Check that the thread is not loose, mine was coming undone and closing the switch.

I removed an loc-tited the thread and it's been fine with over 500+ games now :cool:

You may have a point there, but with car issues, don't you have to take it to the dealer? I'm sure amd would entertain you sending your game back to them and it being returned at your cost. One set decals, freight from melb to sydney and back hmmmmm I might give installing a sticker a try.

You may have a point there, but with car issues, don't you have to take it to the dealer? I'm sure amd would entertain you sending your game back to them and it being returned at your cost. One set decals, freight from melb to sydney and back hmmmmm I might give installing a sticker a try.

this is from ACCC

Repairs

If the problem with a product or service is minor, you must accept a free repair if the business offers you one.

If the business fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:

.get it done elsewhere and pass on the costs to the business

.ask for a replacement

.ask for a refund

.recover compensation for the drop in value below the price paid.

When a product is too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, the business is responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem.

So you shouldnt have to mess around installing decals, the item is considered large and it is their responsibility to fix problems like this by paying shipping back to them, Or send them the bill from a repairer if they refuse.

this is from ACCC

Repairs

If the problem with a product or service is minor, you must accept a free repair if the business offers you one.

If the business fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:

.ask for a replacement

.ask for a refund

When a product is too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, the business is responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem.

So you shouldnt have to mess around installing decals, the item is considered large and it is their responsibility to fix problems like this.

There's your answer. No need to rubbish the dealer, just go accc. Bet they'll say have you contacted the dealer about this, and I'm not implying you fall in this category but i am willing to bet most people would honestly answer No. Secondly I'd bet most wouldn't bother contacting accc because we in general are too lazy to do so and rather winge about it. I see it on pinside alot where people bag their dealer and when i ask did you contact your dealer they say no. Then how will the dealer know what action to take.

Anyway like yoy stated accc is the go as @hotty and I suggested to others on another thread and I don't think it was not received very well

There's your answer. No need to rubbish the dealer, just go accc. Bet they'll say have you contacted the dealer about this, and I'm not implying you fall in this category but i am willing to bet most people would honestly answer No. Secondly I'd bet most wouldn't bother contacting accc because we in general are too lazy to do so and rather winge about it. I see it on pinside alot where people bag their dealer and when i ask did you contact your dealer they say no. Then how will the dealer know what action to take.

Anyway like yoy stated accc is the go as @hotty and I suggested to others on another thread and I don't think it was received very well

fair point and I would certainly exercise my rights If in a position where I was sent decals, or parts to DIY fix a brand new $10k+ pinball or any item for that matter.

Surely They must be contacting the dealer in some form or another as they are being sent out replacement parts for these issues. But they should be demanding these actually be fixed by the dealer or a repairer, even if unable to drop back to base.

I do agree with what you are saying, and yes on the topic of where you guys mentioned the ACCC last time, If its the conversation Im thinking of in regards to refunds, I did see that and do agree with what you mentioned regarding contacting ACCC, and was surprised to see Helpful comments like that smacked down, even oddly from those effected with thousands of dollars on the line.

So as you said People may not listen, but the problem just keeps existing because of that.

Its a weird hobby pinball,

I only differ slightly from your comment by saying that the Dealer does need to take responsibility and should take heat, they seem to know an issue and then send parts out for Fix it your self.

Edited by jason1

It will probably come out as a " TIB" Technical Service Bulletin, and more machines will be addressed before shipping out to customers if they allow their dealer distributor to unpack the game. Interesting to know those that have noticed the issue was your machine unpacked and checked by the dealer prior, assuming this was a known issue of course?

My spinner in the orbit is not working looks like the leaf switch thing is broken so no shots in the orbit register for me.

Also had a random screw come off from somewhere but can’t figure out where from.

8FA06698-9C59-49EC-88E0-307D98CDBC23.jpgF58FF686-56BD-49A1-8CA7-ABB6DD1BAD33.jpg

• Administrators

The word minor was the important one in my first post Jason. This is a very simple switch adjustment as far as I can tell at the moment. An alternative might be to alter the setup or swap out a part. I'll have a look when I get time. For the moment I am enjoying playing it. I think ACCC is a bit over the top at the moment.

I doubt there has been a recent DMD that did not require additional service once it had been out of the box a while. Not a big issue for me.

Dave

this is from ACCC

Repairs

.ask for a replacement

.ask for a refund

So you shouldnt have to mess around installing decals, the item is considered large and it is their responsibility to fix problems like this by paying shipping back to them, Or send them the bill from a repairer if they refuse.

Iron Maiden (LE) Stern 2018

this is from ACCC

Repairs

.ask for a replacement

.ask for a refund

Plenty of other threads you can bitch about Stern and dealers. How about leaving this thread for Iron Maiden owners instead of turning it into a shitshow?

Edit: @furballx , rename it to Iron Maiden Owners Thread? There’s the other thread for general talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators
so they did not supply the updated post eh

No mate, factory post below the Newton Ball. I screwed up the post tight and loosened off the mount that cradles the ball, as well as adjusting the bumper spoon so it sits more central over the "at rest" location of the actuator post. So far so good, no phantom triggers for a few games now.

Dave

every time the ball exits the shooter lane it hits the lower skill shot (manual or auto plunge). Occasionally it will go up the loop on an auto plunge. Is it just a matter of bending the metal exit of the shooter lane so the ball projects a bit higher ?

Edit: on closer inspection, top right flipper is not flush and plunged ball is touching it upon exiting shooter lane.

Edited by Replay