Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Flip Frenzy Hyper aka Money Ball aka Thunder Gun Express - Jan 5th at Netherworld

Putting the frenzy back in frenzy mates :)

Tickets go on sale via eventbrite.com.au on Sunday the 16th of December at midday. Price includes your first beer. Limited to 40 players. Don't miss out. Sweet sweet prizes, cold cold beer.

Doors at 8am

Brief at 8:45am

Start at 9am

Finish 12pm

Quick Overview

Players compete in head to head matches over 3 hours.

For the first hour all games are 3 ball games, for the second hour two ball games and for the final hour 1 ball games. Over the second and third hour, the first balls are to be plunged out by the respective players. Players are able to plunge in a skillful manner and nudge the machine after plunging. Players who do not plunge their own ball or accidentally/intentionally hit the flipper button during the plunging sequence will record a loss.

The player with the best win/loss ratio at the end of the allotted time is declared the winner.

Format Details

1. First, each machine is randomly assigned two players. The remaining players are placed in one central queue

2. When a match is completed:

- the winner returns to the tournament directors desk to record result

- the loser stays on the machine they just played, unless he/she has lost twice consecutively, in which case the winner stays on

- the other player goes to the rear of the queue

- the player staying on the machine moves to the player one position and must wait for the new player before beginning the game

- the player at the front of the queue moves up to compete against the player staying on the machine

- for the first hour all games are 3 ball games, for the second hour two ball games and for the final hour 1 ball games. Over the second and third hour, the first balls are to be plunged out by the respective players. Players are able to plunge in a skillful manner and nudge the machine after plunging. Players who do not plunge their own ball or accidentally/intentionally hit the flipper button during the plunging sequence will record a loss.

3. At the end of 3 hours no more games may start. Ties will be broken by the most wins.

4. Extra balls turned off when possible

5. All rulings and malfunctions will be based on the rules for the IFPA World Pinball Championship

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jimmy! Looking forward to playing this new format to the Flip Frenzy! I also like this ruling! I've never felt right about starting my game before meeting the other player! - the player staying on the machine moves to the player one position and must wait for the new player before beginning the game

Couple of Questions:- At the end of the first & second hours will there be a pause in time to wait for all games to be finished before we start with the 2 ball & 3 ball games? Also I know that this event is on the IFPA calendar! But will there be IFPA points awarded like with the other Flip Frenzy's ? Cheers Matt H

Couple of Questions:- At the end of the first & second hours will there be a pause in time to wait for all games to be finished before we start with the 2 ball & 3 ball games? Also I know that this event is on the IFPA calendar! But will there be IFPA points awarded like with the other Flip Frenzy's ? Cheers Matt H

Thanks Matt. Event will definitely award IFPA points. At the end of each hour any games starting after then will simply be 1 or 2 ball games. No pause :)

Thanks Matt. Event will definitely award IFPA points. At the end of each hour any games starting after then will simply be 1 or 2 ball games. No pause

To add, Matt, I reckon the IFPA WPPR's will be graded for this format thusly (sorry for typing like a POM... I honestly have no heritage there :D - I'm a branluer!).

Games commenced in the first hour should attract 100% for TGP purposes

Games commenced in the second hour should attract 66%........"

Games commenced in the third hour should attract 33%...........".

Catch you on the 5th.

Cheers,

G

Results are in mates. Mix reactions on the format but thank you to everyone for jumping on board for the beta test.

Will likely stick with our original format for the majority of the year but throw in a one handed version at some stage in a couple of months.

Even in this somewhat luck driven format Gino "The Monster" Thimios was victorious for the third NW FF in a row but that guy can win damn well anything at the moment.

Place Player Net Wins Loss

1 Gino Thimios 13 21 8

2 David Stavleu 9 22 13

3 Mark Robinson 9 19 10

4 Chris Wade 8 19 11

5 Rhys McHale 8 18 10

6 Owen Williams 7 19 12

7 Hugh Dickson 7 18 11

8 Oliver Dickson 7 17 10

9 Ben Piercy 6 21 15

10 Dan Olejniczak 6 17 11

11 Steven Riding 5 19 14