Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Optus Vivid Wireless

• Administrators

I've been with iinet for 16 years and over the last few months my service has been degrading with constant drop outs to the point recently it won't stay connected longer then a few seconds and when it does connect I get 900-2000 kbps instead of the usual 15000.

The problem seems to get worse in the late afternoon when things cool down. Of course when their tech come out nothing is wrong so after 2 iinet techs and 1 Telstra I'm over it.

I've bought a second hand Huawei B315s to give Vivid a go until the NBN gets installed.

Thoughts?

We went for "Skymuster" satellite through Actv8me. Here is the speed test results, my wife is also on her laptop while this test was done.

3.32 Megabits per second upload.

21.9 Mbps download.

Latency: 11 ms

Server: Sydney

Your Internet speed is fast

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos at the same time.

• Administrators

That's pretty much what I get tethering using my phone via Optus so I'm guessing my speeds will be similar using their modem?

I love the mail I got from iinet this morning telling me my connection is apparently fixed :b I'm having to tether off my phone just to write this reply.

• Administrators
I’m happy with vivid wireless. Only I’m going to cancel is because I’ve now shacked up with Joanna :D

I just got my modem on the 4th went to their website and just found out they aren't taking any more customers from the 3rd of December and Optus is taking control :realmad:

Talk about rotten luck.

A Telstra tech came out for the 4th time today and seems to have fixed the line.