Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mundine And Hrne Fight. The Outcome?.

Autosteve

this Does nothing for Horns Career.

Good money I guess, However Its a lose lose situation fighting an old past their prime fighter, If You lose you look like a goose losing to an old man, win and you look like a goose for beating an old man. this sort of thing Never looks good so what did people expect?

I love boxing But this stuff is stupid, I dont even understand the marketing of this fight, Not like these two even have a history with each other, and for some reason it was sold as a grudge match?

I cant see Horn getting any real fights in the future, He just cemented him self in the Journeyman realm by taking this fight on.

Horn is a beast and if Crawford had of fought him in Oz it may have been a very close fight

If it was close Then that would be a fair assumption but It was very lopsided from start to finish, Crawford did show the level you would expect from a current Prime World champ.

Tim Tszyu however is some one to watch with interest, He is early on in his career but showing some good signs. Over the next couple of years it will be interesting to see where he goes. Those Moloney boys are also people to watch, that Jason Moloney fought damn well the other day for his first title shot against the current champ in the World Boxing Super Series, He came up just short but damn good fight, he showed he has a future, Also has a good chance with Angelo Hyder in his corner.

Edited by jason1

He got paid 4 million for it.

I think the result was more to do with Mundines arrogance than anything else. While father time is a factor not 90 seconds into the fight. He hadn't done the prep and just wanted to take a paycheck is what I think happened. If he had trained hard I still think Horn would have won but not steam rolled him like that.

He got paid 4 million for it.

I think the result was more to do with Mundines arrogance than anything else. While father time is a factor not 90 seconds into the fight. He hadn't done the prep and just wanted to take a paycheck is what I think happened. If he had trained hard I still think Horn would have won but not steam rolled him like that.

I dislike Mundine as much as the next guy. But to be completely fair to the guy he Does take his training seriously I doubt he came in unprepared, there is no doubt he came in burnt out from 18 year of being hit around the head.

Mundine is 43, had 57 fights with 460 rounds fought, not including training and sparing, He has Been ko'd three times in the ring and a few times in training, imagine how much of a toll those sorts of numbers has on someones body and brain, he has had multiple surgeries to fix problems caused from fighting.

No amount of training can fix or turn back the clock and repair damage he would definitely have from fighting for 18 years.

The guy was done years ago, going into this fight he had lost 3 of his 5 previous fights, the worst stats of his career. Looking at his record its easy to see he is at least 8 years past his prime years.

there is a point where the stats go from showing experience in your favor to them becoming a burden on your body and brain.

It would only take a half reasonable contender to have put him to sleep, Its no way a reflection of Horns ability.

Mundine is no Bernard Hopkins lol, Hopkins would likely be the only boxer in History a young prime fighter could actually proudly pat them selves on the back for beating at 43 years of age lol

I dislike Mundine as much as the next guy. But to be completely fair to the guy he Does take his training seriously I doubt he came in unprepared, there is no doubt he came in burnt out from 18 year of being hit around the head.

Mundine is 43, had 57 fights with 460 rounds fought, not including training and sparing, He has Been ko'd three times in the ring and a few times in training, imagine how much of a toll those sorts of numbers has on someones body and brain, he has had multiple surgeries to fix problems caused from fighting.

No amount of training can fix or turn back the clock and repair damage he would definitely have from fighting for 18 years.

The guy was done years ago, going into this fight he had lost 3 of his 5 previous fights, the worst stats of his career. Looking at his record its easy to see he is at least 8 years past his prime years.

there is a point where the stats go from showing experience in your favor to them becoming a burden on your body and brain.

It would only take a half reasonable contender to have put him to sleep, Its no way a reflection of Horns ability.

Mundine is no Bernard Hopkins lol, Hopkins would likely be the only boxer in History a young prime fighter could actually proudly pat them selves on the back for beating at 43 years of age lol

I think Mayweather would still be vicious when he reaches 43 which isn't that far off well if his hands hold up.

You are right his age was showing but I still think he didn't prepare enough. However he made his money and he can retire on piles of cash.

He certainly has been a character in Australian boxing.

Can not understand why no one is on the Horn Train. He lost in America to a very good fighter. The Crawford camp stuffed the Horn camp around so much before that fight with weigh ins and shit hotels and mucking them around every chance they had. Horn Dropped to much weight for that fight and looked sluggish it took its toll, That's why i think it would be a different outcome in Australia and Horn learnt a lot from that fight and next time he goes to the US his camp will do it different. I am a big Tsyzu fan but he would get creamed by Horn if they were to fight just like Hatton did to his dad the Russian style does struggle against Horn Hatton kind of fighting. Tszyu in a few years time might be a diff story. Horn will get a top 5 fight next in super welter or middleweight. He is Fast and has power and has a chin Crawford tagged him a lot and that fight was a bad stoppage especially after the Pacman fight and he came back strong in that and got bashed in the tenth i think. Best boxer in Australia at the moment by a mile. Moloney looks good but Wangek and Gonzalez would destroy him but Horn could do ok in the Super Welter he could go well against anyone in the top 5 as he has the speed and power at that weight and has a chin.

Can not understand why no one is on the Horn Train. He lost in America to a very good fighter. The Crawford camp stuffed the Horn camp around so much before that fight with weigh ins and shit hotels and mucking them around every chance they had. Horn Dropped to much weight for that fight and looked sluggish it took its toll, That's why i think it would be a different outcome in Australia and Horn learnt a lot from that fight and next time he goes to the US his camp will do it different. I am a big Tsyzu fan but he would get creamed by Horn if they were to fight just like Hatton did to his dad the Russian style does struggle against Horn Hatton kind of fighting. Tszyu in a few years time might be a diff story. Horn will get a top 5 fight next in super welter or middleweight. He is Fast and has power and has a chin Crawford tagged him a lot and that fight was a bad stoppage especially after the Pacman fight and he came back strong in that and got bashed in the tenth i think. Best boxer in Australia at the moment by a mile. Moloney looks good but Wangek and Gonzalez would destroy him but Horn could do ok in the Super Welter he could go well against anyone in the top 5 as he has the speed and power at that weight and has a chin.

Horn has Talent, His trainer is clearly out of his depth, he needs a better trainer.

Horn is scrappy with his technique, Leads with his head to much its not a very good style, his foot work isnt very impressive either. I dont particularly enjoy watching him fight. He has bad habits I thought would have been picked up and improved apon before that Crawford fight which were not.

He needs a trainer who has experience over seas, knows how to handle the situations he may have had in the US but also Break those habits he clearly has, Improve his fight style so it becomes enjoyable to watch.

I dont dislike Horn, He clearly has some Talent But There is clearly some up and comers who have cemented them selves as Future Prospects and In the next couple of years, Who may Exceed his talent.

Especially both Moloneys and Tszyu have very nice styles to watch, and they have much better camps.

I really get frustrated Watching Horn fight as Boxing is an Art, not a pub brawl.

as for who would whoop who? who cares?, you cant matchup guys who are working their way up in various weight classes vs a guy at his peak.

what you can do is look at these guys styles compared to the guy at his peak and see who has better technique. That is very visible as to who does.

Now saying all that, I would likely Support Horn in an international fight and hope he wins, Just like I have in the past as he is an Aussie,

But His style isnt great. He was never going todo any good against Crawford with the way he fights, It was a case of a boxing tactician out smarting a scrapper in every way possible, which is why some one needs to train out that scrapper-brawler thing he has going on,

His pro's are, his head is tough, and he punches good.

We have a habit in this country to jump on the band wagon of one fighter who shows some success and over look far better talents who has far more success than isnt noticed by the general public.

Right now as it stands, Horn is a Journeyman

I think Mayweather would still be vicious when he reaches 43 which isn't that far off well if his hands hold up.

seeing Mayweather isnt fighting It is however speculation, but clearly there is a good chance that tobe the case.

The reason I said Hopkins is because he was at the age of 43-48 fighting younger big name world champion boxers in their prime and beating them.

He was also Pound for pound the best Fighter at time while in his mid 40's, so there is no speculation tobe had with Hopkins.

Edited by jason1

I see it as Horn's Strength the brawler style hurts some boxing purists like Tszyu hatton fight for example. Yes he may get outboxed but always in fights. He lures fighters in with his technique and has the speed and power to hurt. Tszyu got dropped by Wade Ryan who is shit and it was a close fight. Horn's camp did win a world title so can not be that shit. I just think winning overseas is hard and my hat goes off to Fury the other night as he fought his best fight and clearly won that fight even though he got dropped twice. Would rather watch a guy have a go than some boring points defensive fighter that sits behind big gloves. Mayweather used to bore me to tears and now Joshua doing it also. Safe fighting is sooooo boring. Wilder vs Fury is a classic example of brawler vs Defense and what a great fight that was. Styles make fights and Horn makes fights and Tszyu makes fights also. Moloney brothers pretty boring snore fest i understand boxing and mma but at the end of the day they are entertainers, sometimes i am not entertained by some of these guys. I think Horns footwork is fine but agree Crawford fight was not good but think that was more to do with his head space and weight loss. Horn has earnt his place at no1 Aussie until someone else steps up and fights true champions like he has. No one in Australia at the moment has fought anyone any good except Horn. I think Geale was our last until Golovkin ruined his career. Geale was stopped by a brawler :)

I think Geale was our last until Golovkin ruined his career. Geale was stopped by a brawler

GGG is not your run of the mill Brawler, he has more depth than just that technique as well, Horn is not even in the same league as GGG as far as style or anything. GGG can bang and Brawl and have great technique also, enough technique to deal with full-blown tacticians.

your confusing a scrappy looking fighter like horn for a fighter who has big punching power that creates exciting bloody battles like GGG, Cotto, Canelo, and Crawford those guys have everything.

Where as Horns style is the opposing fighter is likely to cop a facefull of Horns head before seeing a glove in their face, because he leads with his head.

When I say tacticians Im talking Roy Jones, Hopkins, Tarver, Crawford and that sort of thing, those guys Beat you down hurt you bad while Not looking like they have lead weights attached to their feet or walking in top heavy and are instead beautiful to watch. Im not talking Mayweather type tactician Which yes are boring to watch, that is the other end of the extreme.

Lets see where Horn goes, I dont think he will Ever get to Geale level as a unified champ. Geale is a respectable Australian, a previous unified World Champion and is regarded as such in boxing. It is sad how his career finished, He was a great fighter and is a good bloke.

Geale was a far better Fighter than Horn is.

It is only a few years away in Aus boxing that you will start seeing legitimate world boxing contenders come out of Australia again. there is some real talent there that is Just not ready yet. younger guys than Horn that are showing real talent.

Edited by jason1

GGG is a brawler that just uses the ring well he likes to bang! Like Horn he wares punches to try and knock you out. Geale was over hyped never beat anyone any good but at least he had the guts to fight GGG though. GGG is a far better brawler though than Horn not comparing them, just both like to bang! Roy Jones and Hopkins etc are once in a Gen fighters. I think Horns competition level is way higher than what Geale faced crap fighters untill the end of his career and could not go close. His first 20 fights were bums and lost to his first real talent on Mundine. Horn has done more in his first 20 fights and looks like he still can improve. The Pacman win was huge even though he is old still a great fighter. If i was Horn i would fight Trout next and if he wins that look at Brook, Charlo but stay clear of Lara. Or in Middleweight he could fight Lemieux and if he got past him fight the other Charlo and then look at getting bashed by either GGG or Canelo lol.

With all due respect, At the end of the Day horns record Is.

His biggest win against pac,

Fight against Crawford Loss and a decisive loss in his biggest test

Fight against Mundine Win.

The rest against No bodies.

He beats two well past their prime fighters.

the Only Prime champion he has fought he has lost too.

He needs to beat more than two old guys to show his stuff.

Im sure it is no small task to beat Pac even now, So yes he does deserve some credit for that, but its not the same as beating a prime champion.

And so far he has not done that at any point to make him the best of Australian boxing. I would be surprised if he ever takes a Belt from a champion in their prime. He will have a few shots im sure, I doubt he will succeed let alone unify title belts like Geale did

the Mundine fight was the dumbest fight he could have taken on career wise, right at that point is when I just saw another joke in Aus boxing compounded by the fact mundine is 43, Is he planning on making his money as a Side-Show fighter to appease the bogans like Mundine did or be a legit champion?

All good everyone has an opinion good to hear other peoples points. I just think Horn in his 20 fights has done much better than Geale did in his first 20 Geale had not even left the country to fight at that point. Also a WBO is a better title than an IBO the IBO is a joke belt really same with IBF he did win a WBA but that was against Felix Sturm and Sturm did loose to Soliman also so was well passed it when Geale got him. So imo just that one fight against the legend of Pacman puts him well ahead of Geale and hopefully he has another 10 fights in him. He took the Mundine fight for money he must have got a fair bit of coin for that and now his camp can throw money at a legit Brit or Yank well thats why i think they did that fight, Also to get some confidence back most fighters do that when they loose badly. I really think Horn learnt heaps against Crawford and i think he Mentally wasn't there. He really did tag Crawford in that fight on more than a few occasions and i rate Crawford very high so he cant be that bad. Did Geale even hit GGG lol. In his next 2 fights you will see Horn fight a top 5 guy at either Super Welter or at Middleweight. I Horn vs Tszyu fight would be huge in a few years for Australian boxing so we want the best from Horn as i know Tim will be a title holder at some point.

Disappointed !

Clown took a fall to prevent further brain damage, EASY Cash grab

What a joke

Went to and enjoyed seeing Horn v Pacquiao at Brisvegas

Horn did fight dirty there and won by biased judges , lol I'll cop shit over this for sure,

Bottom line Mundine days are well over done , the exercise was a pissweak cashgrab

I hope to see Horn develop more integrity and morph into a world class fighter.