Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVIII - Game 1 ~ Magic Sword (closes 16-Dec)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RetroUprising scores for Magic Sword: http://www.retrouprising.com/arcade.php?act=Arcade&do=stats&gameid=5842

We all certainly have a looooong way to go. :) Some familiar MGL players in that list...

I don' think these scores were played from the Beginning floor?

- - - Updated - - -

How are you guys getting similar scores to mine without even getting past the dragon?!?!

Good question. I don't know the answer to this question. Maybe a non dragon slayer may be able to breathe some fire on this topic.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Day 4 of 17 ...

yeai9G8.png

:)

This game is also on PS3 and Xbox 360 as part of "Final Fight: DblImpact" there are some even bigger scores on there. I guess they are gold farming on level 30 when the wizard appears wait until he summons the rocks to the top of the screen then hit magic attack. Each rock turns into an 8,000 gold piece. I don't use the farming technique though. I'm also curious as to how points are applied at the very end as you get about 200k for killing Drokmar but then between that and the end credits my score went from 5.79m to 5.84. Potentially it gives points for how much health you have left but I'd have to finish it again to see.

Oh yeah there is also a 1 million point diamond on level 49 but you have to jump into the spikes to get it. It'll cost at least 2 health bars.

I got addicted to this game in 1995 when they had a cab at the Myer Center in Adelaide. Have also been practicing a lot lately.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139433[/ATTACH]

I did this score on Sunday night and have also submitted it to Twin Galaxies.

My past just caught up with me again.

We had quite a few battles for the top scores on the whiteboard at Timezone Melrose Park back when I worked there in the early 90's and you probably came out on top more often than not. Raiden 2, UN Squadron, Super Pang and Alpha Mission 2 spring to mind as well as Magic Sword. I remember saying at the time when you beat one of my scores something along the lines of "is there anything you can't play?" Good to see you haven't lost the touch

Cheers

Rob

My past just caught up with me again.

We had quite a few battles for the top scores on the whiteboard at Timezone Melrose Park back when I worked there in the early 90's and you probably came out on top more often than not. Raiden 2, UN Squadron, Super Pang and Alpha Mission 2 spring to mind as well as Magic Sword. I remember saying at the time when you beat one of my scores something along the lines of "is there anything you can't play?" Good to see you haven't lost the touch

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, great to see you're still gaming.

I remember Timezone Melrose Park was probably the one place I spent most of my arcade gaming time. Magic Sword as being one of the more difficult games. I can't remember if I was able to complete it at Timezone or until I started playing it at Myer Centre. One of the most frustrating things with the game is the constant decay of health over time. I think I initially dismissed the game as being designed as needing multiple credits to complete it rather than a single credit.

I got addicted to this game in 1995 when they had a cab at the Myer Center in Adelaide. Have also been practicing a lot lately.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139433[/ATTACH]

I did this score on Sunday night and have also submitted it to Twin Galaxies.

Extremely well played. Congratulations Derek ... and from the Beginning floor as well. Good to see practice helped make this impressive score possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 5 of 17 ...

dDYwwoo.png

Pessimeister: 287, 667

0013.png.a8ced4724731fb7345264ac809c3bd3e.png

I'm starting to see why Megaderek got addicted to this. :D Couldn't resist a secret door to go up a few floors, but probably should have stayed lower to see what's coming. (One question to experienced players: There's an item in the thorns on floor 6 - is it worth getting?)

Ok, enough, back to work now!

Wow, my first MGL score. :o

Not that great of a score, though. I think I'm playing a bit too recklessly. :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139468[/ATTACH]

Well there's a lot of fire in your screenshot, maybe it's just a dangerous place for adventurers ... :run:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 6 of 17 ...

Hf5nneg.png

Pessimeister: 338, 448

0017.png.2eed4ab9233352970c701d79eec185d3.png

I almost uploaded the score below this one but felt a bit odd about scoring 300 k+ and only reaching the third floor. Basically I lucked out with the pendant on floor 2 in that game. In this game, the bloody mage killed me just as I was trying to exit to floor 8!

Pessimeister: 338, 448

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139598[/ATTACH]

I almost uploaded the score below this one but felt a bit odd about scoring 300 k+ and only reaching the third floor. Basically I lucked out with the pendant on floor 2 in that game. In this game, the bloody mage killed me just as I was trying to exit to floor 8!

Exciting games you had ... I can see 338,348 for the scoreboard ... :024: