Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Death By Pinball 2019

The time has finally come for the 3rd demoralising, demonic endurance hell they call 'Death By Pinball'. The Netherworld will be closed to the public on this day to make way for the truly terrifying, torturous ritual - A 24 hour pinball marathon, not for the feint of heart. A ‘match play’ event, you’ll be pitted against Netherworld’s gnarliest denizens over many, many, many rounds until the early hours of the following day.

It happens over the Easter weekend when we'll be closed to the public, but open just for these damned souls.

In between rounds, you’ll be free to play Netherworld’s many machines, chase wizard pins, compete in a side comp or have a quick rest on the ‘stage pit of shame’.

Special rewards will be given to those that actually survive the night. Each survivor will get a special Death By Pinball patch.

When: Bad Saturday the 20th of April from 9am until 9am the following morning.

Tickets: $120 each – comes with entry, a limited edition pin, a T-shirt, 3 meals and 3 drinks. BYO snacks. Cash prizes for the top places!

The bar will be open, though alcohol service will cease at 3am. The bar will be closed to the public for this event - Only those with tickets will be permitted entry. Tickets are limited!

Be afraid. Be very very afraid

TICKETS ON SALE THIS THURSDAY FROM 8AM

Grab tickets via deathbypinball2019.eventbrite.com.au

DbPposter.thumb.jpg.5e51faef4b9110fb1991d5021833c043.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Nails

• 2 months later...

I shall be there!

Those wanting to come from interstate for this gig best get a wriggle on and book flights.

Flights from SYD-BNE are already near on $150, and MEL-BNE are already over $200.

Cheers,

G

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket bought and accommodation booked. Still need to sort out flights but I'll get that done asap. $250 one way. Ouch!!! Not such a good Friday :lol

Currently working night shift which should help a bit as far as staying awake but 24 hours in a bar could be messy if I'm not very,very careful.

:slamtilt::40s::slamtilt::40s::slamtilt::40s::slamtilt::40s::slamtilt::40s::slamtilt::40s:

Edited by RMacauley

• 3 weeks later...

Folks!

Death By Pinball at Netherworld is coming up this Easter Weekend and is going to be a hell of a 24 hour pinball marathon. We've sold roughly half the tickets, so make sure you grab one soon or if you're feeling the pinch at the moment, get in contact with us and we can chuck your name down for payment on the day.

As part of your ticket you get 24 hours of pinball, a T-shirt, an enamel pin, 3 meals and 3 drinks. T-shirts are all pre-orders so won't be coming until a week or two after the event as an FYI. It's an awesome design similar to the poster designed by Anghi!

A killer trophy and a cash prize for the winner!

Happens Bad Saturday the 20th of April and tickets available via deathbypinball2019.eventbrite.com.au

• 2 weeks later...

Final count down brothers and sisters. 4 more sleeps. Better make them count :)

Still space for another dozen people or so and we will have a bunch of fun side comps including some Nidhogg for some solid laughs.

Also have a couple of special machines coming on to the floor for a treat plus Death By Pinball players will get first look at our next batch of 4 pinball Wizard Pins!!

If you are a maybe you are more then welcome to pay on the day.

Doors at 8am. Start at 9am.

You are most welcome to bring your own snacks and also suggest a jumper or jacket as the air con will be on all night and it can feel a but sharp in the wee hours.

Can also recommend and fresh t-shirt or two, comfy shoes, lip balm, chocolate and bananas.

CAN NOT WAIT MATES!!!!!!!!!!

Death By Pinball is over for another year brothers and sisters.

Thank you to everyone who came along and played in the spirit of the event.

Massive congrats to Gino 'The Monster' Thimios for taking out the win. Gino lead for the entire day often stretching his lead out to 20 points or more. Jon Habovski made a stellar effort to drag the lead back in and with one round to play at around 0730 Gino and Jono were on equal points. Absolutely anything could have happened in that round and was amazing to watch both players.

Also massive props the the guys from interstate and further regions of QLD who made the effort. Had 8 people playing their 3rd Death By Pinball in a row including Stuart Thornton who has made the trek from Melbroune each year!

Thanks to everyone who dropped by the stream too to offer their support

Some quick stats.

41 starters

38 finishers

10 x 1 game rounds completed

10 x 2 game rounds completed

10 x 3 game rounds completed

60 x group matchplay games completed

24 peak viewers on the stream

14 hours average stream viewing time

1 major machine malfunction

1 broken flipper rubber

1 zero score on High Hand

1 broken schooner glass

1 world record broken (Rob Mac on Lethal Enforcers)

1 sneaky hidden power nap

1 destroyer of dreams in Hop Monsters

41 tired yet smiling players

363 sleeps until next year :)

57504771_346319739564863_5248396404455374848_n.thumb.jpg.0a5142c055dabbd607b54053a48b7999.jpg

Just got home and I'd hazard a guess I'm pushing 24 hours again right now. Sleep patterns are WAY outta whack.

It was a long day. A sometimes strenuous but never stressful experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Considering I'd already been awake 3 hours when Jimmy let me in a few minutes before 8 I never really felt like pulling the pin or hitting the Stage of Shame. Then to add to my craziness I sleep for 3 hours and go to Pincadia to catch up with John73 and my mate Jase for another 5 or 6 hour session. As they say "you don't have to be mad but it helps."

Too many highlights to mention but I'll single out a few.

Playing Beatles in the comp and Munsters at Pincadia. I won't see them again for a while and definitely not down here.

Actually sticking (almost) to my planned spacing out of beers. Me in a bar for 24 hours and only having 10 beers (give or take 1) is nothing short of a miracle. Made up for it Sunday though.

The Lethal Enforcers score. That wasn't planned but I decided to have a game or 2 before start time. I'd set the TG record of 2,074 back in November 2008 at Funspot beating the previous score of 706 set by the ref who watched my game. Hadn't played it since then. It all clicked back into place on my second game and I ended up with 2,300 even. I didn't play in the side comp on it (the power of a free beer) but another interesting stat is that the score Tyson? got to win it (2,1??) would've beaten my old score as well. We'll get a run recorded some time down the track.

Would I do it again?

Probably. I'm crazy enough :lol