Thread: Gottlieb Centigrade 37

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

Windex cleaned up the side rails nicely. I have now put the head on and playfield in. Still need to put the top apron together and back on. A few more issues I found:

10amp fuse tripped for lights behind the backglass. I went to jaycar and got some alligator leads and a resettable circuit breaker. This thing is fantastic for testing. No need to buy 30 fuses. I cleaned some light sockets and got rid of all old #44s and replaced with #47s . Still need to get some #455 flashers but now the breaker is no longer tripping.

I tried to reset and start a game. The score reels still arent 100% (need springs)but they are resetting. The R relay isnt pulling in. The drawing says it is the hold relay. After hours of looking at this and that I found the r relay and looked at the manual; there is a start up sequence that it mentions which I found very helpful. it said to check the tilt switches and anti cheat switches (which was also shown in the drawing). Ended up simply being dirty contacts on the tilt switch inside the door.

Cleaned up almost all contacts and now almost everything is working good.

The flippers need a rebuild which is next on my list. The credits unit is stuck but I will leave that for the moment. The playfield is in okay condition so im not going to touch it up just a quick clean and wax. New thermometer ribbon soon too. More to come with photos.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

Printed some new scorecards and 20c 1 play labels thanks to Inkochnito. Red leds behind the coin entry plates look fantastic (photos dont do it justice) Also under the faded coloured inserts (red purple and green) they look nice. The leds dont look bright in person only.when I take a photo...

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

Also put new flipper bats on and soldered new end of stroke.switches on. My soldering skills need improvement...

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    858 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbleseven View Post
    Your tilt ring need to be shifted towards the front of the cabinet. The plumb bob on the ring like that will also stop the hold relay latching.
    Live on Twitch, Tuesdays 6pm + other random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

It isnt touching even though the photo looks like it is. Will need to suss that out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajfclark View Post
    Your tilt ring need to be shifted towards the front of the cabinet. The plumb bob on the ring like that will also stop the hold relay latching.

State
    Nsw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Australia
    Is this for sale when finished?

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

Hi Graeme. Welcome to Aussie Arcade. Maybe head over to the introduction page and tell us a bit about yourself and what your latest project is. Yes it will be but I want $1001 for it. Unfortunately thats out of your price range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Is this for sale when finished?

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

Pinball rescue playfield plastics arrived the other day. Started putting these on today along with new acorn speed nuts, screws, posts, and washers. Looking good. Also put the instruction cards in. Im used to the yellowed card on new white. The custom decal is on. It was not packaged well. It just had a do not bend tag with some flimsy card. The decal arrived bent. The holes dont line up with my screw holes and the missus applied the sticker (yes a sticker not a decal) a bit on the piss. Im a bit disappointed with the decal. But it still looks okay... kinda...

Last edited by kimbleseven; 12th January 2019 at 07:46 AM.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1002 Post(s)
    Australia
    I was thinking about getting that decal, now not so sure.

Appreciate the honest comments.

It does look very 'new' in the photo compared to the rest of the game.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Aaland

I havent changed those plastics yet in the photo. Also have new post and plastic lane guides etc to go on. Might brighten up a bit after all the other new bits are there.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information