Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

hello, ID5 + PC??? >_>

HI guys (is this the section for this?)

I have an Initial D 5 cab (that has a damaged jvs I/O board (probably flash memory))

and I'm wondering if it's possible to use the steering/pedal/shifts

in a normal PC i plan on pushing the Lindbergh (yellow >_> if anyone wants to know) back

since there is so much room in them to make space for a desktop.

I'm curious if anyone knows or could help me if the controllers on this cab and if they are compatible if pc?

or do peeps usual just use Arduino's/micro controllers?

i got interested in this cause i got a random dm on another site (gumtree) if i still had some wmmt seats >_> that i got rid of like a year ago

and how the guy found me (only god knows) but we started talking and

he explained that he was sick of emulation for wmmt 5 and wanted to sell his id3 cab in hopes of finding wmmt 3dx, cause it doesn't feel as good as real hardware, which i have to agree on

also i dont wanna make the same mistake that i did with my battlegear4t cab, i gutted it all and threw everything out (T-T big mistake) even the steering rack and motor. (in my defense i didn't know what an Arduino was at that time

:) i think i found what i needed >_>

(rs232 to rs485) << adapter + plus a rs232 to usb

and i sorta find it by typing 'how to connect jvs to pc' and watched a yt video that let me to a teknogods forum (>_> his video is kinda unedited and just goes on forever :blink:)

i dunno if this will work with the id5 cab :shrug: but lets see when the parts come :D