Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

No Good Gofers - Wheel Issue

namastepat

Question

Hey guys, was playing my NGG last night when the wheel started acting up. It spins freely when the slam ramp drops, as it should. However, when stuff happens during gameplay where the wheel should spin briefly, it tries to spin, but kind of grinds about a bit and doesn't really spin. I have removed the opto board under the wheel and cleaned the optos. I then went into switch edge test and tested the optos. When I put a bit of cardboard between each one, it registers as a switch press when I remove the cardboard. Is this correct? Both optos do this, place cardboard between them, then remove it and the switch registers. So, switch 63 and 64 both seem to be working fine, if that is the way they are supposed to work.

I reseated the plugs to the motor board also, but I am 99% sure the motor is fine, as it spins freely when the ramp drops. I get a weird, sporadic error saying wheel motor wires are backwards and wheel motor is broken, but the error does not persist. It is there sometimes when I boot the machine, but usually it boots error free. Googling this tells me to clean the optos, which I have done, with no results.

I have attached a link to a Youtube video of what it does during test mode. Sorry for the crappy quality, but it's difficult to film and hit test buttons at the same time. Had to film vertical to get both the DMD and wheel in the shot. You can see that the wheel is still calibrated, even when it doesn't spin properly, what it lands on is still correct in test mode. I can also turn it by hand and what it lands on is correct on the DMD.

So, if you have any ideas, that would be tops. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Your Opto tests are valid.

According to the schematics the wheel can spin both ways but I don't see this in the video, not even sure if there is a wheel test for this.

Can you energise the solenoids independently in solenoid test.

Your Opto tests are valid.

According to the schematics the wheel can spin both ways but I don't see this in the video, not even sure if there is a wheel test for this.

Can you energise the solenoids independently in solenoid test.

The wheel does spin both ways, I've seen it during game, but the test doesn't seem to do that, it only engages it one way.

When I remove the opto board entirely and boot the game, the wheel spins freely when the game boots, which is what it is supposed to do, but gives an error that the motor is broken. It's clearly not the motor, as it spins just fine.

I am neck deep in school work atm, but I will get out there again tonight and record a video of what it does without the opto board. I will see if the motor engages during solenoid test, but it's not a solenoid, so I am not sure if it will be part of that test. The wheel has its own independent test in the diagnostics menu