Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Toowoomba/Brisbane Pinball Restore recomendtion

I have a friend who has a Fish Tales, he has owned it for the last 5 or 6 years and has not touched it all. He really doesn't know anything about pinball (received the machine as a 40th birthday gift) but he is starting to get into pinball a bit more and actually just ordered a GOTG premium. I am not expert by any stretch but the Fish Tales certainly could do with some work. It does not have any LED's and is very dark, there are lots of globes that don't work. Not sure if the play field has been cleaned in the last 10-15 years and the cabinet is rough, from what I can see the playfield and plastics look good just very dirty. He is happy to pay someone and would like the cabinet restored and new decals, fit it with LED's and clean up the playfield, fit all new rubbers etc. Basically bring the machine up to a good decent condition and its something he wants to keep forever.

He is located in Toowoomba so anyone that can do it up that way would be great otherwise Brisbane/Gold Coast is fine too.

If anyone can recommend someone who would be interested in taking this on that would be great!

Thanks

Does your friend have any interest in doing this himself? I am by no means an expert in such things but I do have some pinball knowledge. I don't mind having a go myself as I cannot afford to pay someone. If your friend would like to have a go himself i would gladly offer to help.

Nah mate, he doesn't have the time or any idea at all as to what he is doing. He would much rather just drop it off somewhere leave it for a while then pick it up all done. Thanks for the offer though!

He is not afraid of spending the money that needs to be spent to get it done. He understands it wont be cheap but its something he wants to keep forever and is not doing it to flip and make some money.

After doing a few restores, I can say its really something you do cause you love pins and you like fixing things, the end result can depend on just how far you want to go with the restoration and depending on the current pin condition, a good restoration, you should allow around 240 hours plus parts.

Parts for the restoration can range from $250 to $1000.

If you are just after a general clean (different from a restore) it can take around 2 days.

So as you can see its an open question to understand the current condition and how far down the rabbit hole your friend would like to go :-0.

Maybe if you could post some pictures AA members could provide some greater level of feedback and thoughts. Also think about if it's a clean or restoration you're looking for?

Given its just been service I guessing it is not having any technical problems.

Hope this helps.

I'll hopefully have relocated to QLD between Brisbane and GC early next year if he isn't in a rush to get it done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

This is some interesting news......look forward to making your acquaintance in person around the traps......

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thanks for all the feedback and offers on this one. The owner is now in contact with someone and will be dropping it off to get the work done shortly! Great result and gotta love AA!

Thanks again.