Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Please can someone help me 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Zlaggr32

Question

Hi

I’m very new to online forums so please excuse me if I don’t make any sense as I don’t know the lingo lol

I have a old stand up arcade machine which wont power up and would like some guidance to how to fix it:

Il explain whats happened and what i know is wrong:

1: The machine was working fine, mind you iv had it for 8 years and only thing I noticed was after a few years of me purchasing it that the screen wouldn’t power up everytime I turned it on but it wouldn’t take much to get it going (turning it off from the mains 2-4 times would normally solve it, worst case scenario)

2: Now it’s been sitting for almost a year in storage and Iv taken it out and left it at a mates place and its been there for 8 months so I don’t know what’s happened to it but it wouldn’t power up no matter how many times I tried and I’m not talking about the screen.

3: so iv found that the fuse in the switch that’s installed is blown so I changed it not taking notice of how many watts and voltage it was and when iv turned it on after replacing it with the new fuse it’s turned on like normal then it’s made a loud noise which sounded like I blew something 𗀴

Can some one tell me what type of system I have and what type of fuse to replace it with please?

Any type of help would really help me out? Iv posted pics of the machine so hopefully someone out there can help me :)

Thanks I’m advance :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 answers to this question

If you replaced the fuse way higher than it is rated for and something went bang, I'd say you've damaged it. Just replacing the fuse with the correct value now is a little late as the damage is already done. It's like closing the gate after the horse bolted. If your inexperienced with electronics leave it alone as you could kill yourself, there are very high voltages in the machine. You need to know what your doing.

Does anyone know what type of system it’s running so I can look it up and learn how to identify what’s going on?

It looks like one of those Chinese Jamma 1000 in 1 type game units, notorious for problems sadly, if you can describe the loud noise you heard it could give us a clue to what happened.

Where are you in Victoria maybe a member here lives close enough to take a look & advise you.

Edited by Gemini2544

• Administrators

Looks like a Games Family or similiar Multiboard as well. Basically a Celeron II or similiar PC based system. What happens when you unplug the jamma harness from the games PC and power on the cab?

Brad

You'll need to disconnect each of the components from the mains one by one to find the one thats blowing the fuse, but you will need to get some more of the original type of fuse (Jaycar).

I would disconnect each of these components in turn, and with everything else connected try to power it up.

1) LCD/Plasma display.

2) PC unit (looks like it has an integrated PSU))

3) Peter Chou arcade PSU

4) Lights

I'd bet its the screen if all powers up normally then blows the fuse.

Thanks To everyone who took time out to help me with my problem, much appreciated :)

*Brad: when I turn it on, only the screen will turn on.

*Wombie: I don’t have the blown fuse anymore so how would I find what the original fuse is?