Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Have been waiting for this game for ever.

BF1 got me back into shooters after a long hiatus

anyone playing this and what are you're thoughts

i haven't had a chance yet as work has kept me away

loaded the game and watched the intro but wow is all i can say

This is more a simulation than a shooter as you can't run around like a headless chook. YOU WILL DIE and quick.

Strategy and team play is everything. For a brand new game without major updates yet it is very good, but will take you some time to get use to this game play as it is a different ( but good )

I think it is a cracker. Beautiful visuals and a lot more realistic than some others.

To achieve you must immerse yourself and treat it like it was you. :071::024::unbenannt

BFV is the first iteration in the series since BF3 without any form of suppression mechanic, and gunplay feels damn nice in that regard alone. Fast TTK, but it feels very even and fair. Destruction feels more like BC2 which is to say it's actually functional again, though i'm not sure i like the low splash damage. Grenade spam has been nerfed. Anyone can res a squadmate regardless of class, and that's awesome, but the default should have been a slower final-death timer like when you hold LMB now, because you can always skip to respawn. I'm not a plane pilot, so no idea about that aspect. Tanks are powerful but so is the anti-tank arsenal. Maps are ok, i prefer the urban environments and i find some of the others a bit open. And no matter how many times they update it the frostbite engine is still having trouble with obstacles and terrain - four goes to hurdle a foot-high step is too much in anyone's book. And the menus and customisation system have gotten worse by about the same amount they usually do each time a BF game comes out - and if you know anything about the series, you know that's not a joke.

I wouldn't call it a simulation, not compared to Arma's multi-hour perma-death engagements. I see it as good fun, the perfect mix of action and tactical play. You can play it as a straight-up FPS if that's what you want, but you can also go as far as running like an RTS game in your head. Only you can't see anything, and you're still playing a twitch shooter at the same time. And in pub you can't control any of the other units at all ;) But you know all this if you've played BF1 or any of the others.

It's essentially just more BF, but that's no bad thing. It's not as polished as BF1 was on release, but probably going to be a better game overall. For pub anyway, because yet again EA have failed on the competitive front. How hard is it, ffs? No private servers on launch, no community support, and if that support does come it will probably be for 5v5 infantry-only modes. Which are fun, but they're just not cricket.

Its not horrid! Few things that make me grumpy - lIke vehicle stationary weapons dont move with you, only the crosshair - makes it annoying!

Didn't know you played! We should team.

EDIT: ok, so i saw the thread title and replied. Didn't realise this was the console section. I'm not sure how you quantify the responsiveness or directness of gunplay when combined with aim assist and stuff.

Edited by buttersoft

This is the first iteration in the series since BF3 without any form of suppression mechanic, and gunplay feels damn nice in that regard alone. Destruction feels more like BC2 which is to say it's actually functional again, though i'm not sure i like the low splash damage. Grenade spam has been nerfed. Anyone can res a squadmate regardless of class, and that's awesome, but default should have been a slower final-death timer like when you hold LMB, because you can always skip to respawn. I'm not a plane pilot, so no idea about that aspect. Maps are ok, i prefer the urban environments and i find some of the others are a bit open. And no matter how many times they update it the frostbite engine is still having trouble with obstacles and terrain - four tries trying to hurdle a foot-high step is too much in anyone's book.

It's essentially just more BF, but that's no bad thing. I see pub as good fun, the perfect mix of action and tactical play. All your FPS training counts heavily, but equally important is your ability to think on your feet. I wouldn't term it a simulation, i reserve that for Arma-level multi-hour engaegments with perma-death.

Overall it's not as polished as BF1 was on release, but probably going to be a better game overall. For pub anyway, because yet again EA have failed on the competitive front. How hard is it, ffs? No private servers on launch, no community support, and if that support does come it will probably be for 5v5 infantry-only modes. Which are fun, but they're just not cricket.

Didn't know you played! We should team.

I'm an Xbox player, soun ds like your pc! The planes handle nicely, but the progression is a shit - Trying to kill a guy in a spitfire the other night. He was circling the spawn to start with, but he also had upgraded spitty, I would get behind him and light him up and it would do a little damage but not much, he'd loop and get behind me and destroy me in a burst due to the fact he had progressed and got 8 guns! Kinda tough to do anything until you level up.

jumping on tonight for my first run

glad it sounds awesome

i watched the intro and was blown away by the visuals

think i will need to stock up the fridge with V's and do an all nighter

i'll drop back in a couple days and give some initial feedback but this is gonna be exciting

Had a shocking run last night. Seems to me, honestly as good as it is, its still a Beta. Graphics were missing, at one stage half the trees at range looked like minecraft trees.

I did do well in the plane and managed to shoot a few down, flying around looked superlative and I figured out why I was having such trouble, its due to progression and people getting the 8 machine guns on their spitfires.

Tanks armour is now paper thin. Before tanks were something to be feared, now its 2 panzershrecks and your close to wasted, and look, assault carry 2 panzershreks! Driving into a group of more that 2 people is pretty much suicide. The capola gunner dies by someone just looking at him, he really should have a MG Gunshield.

Dynamite. I plated 2 on a small tank and set them off. 10 damage, yet a gsticky grenade on my tank did 60 damage - some things just dont ad up.

I checked assignments while the game was loading. Bad decision. I had to quit out and then it couldn't find any servers on restart. Had to hard boot the xbox.

Its nice, but its just buggy and clanky.

I'm actually finding it really hard

i'm not the best player but it seemed that everyone got the jump on me from every direction

enemies come from everywhere but in BF1 you had a small idea

maps are WAY to big

climbing over walls and out of tanks and cars takes way to much time

and i'm not a fan of the on spotting dynamics

will give it a bit longer obviously but man it's a tough grind atm

It's heavily skilled based, far more so than recent previous games, and the high TTK is pretty nasty - and might even be covering a little slop in the netcode, TBH. But i'm enjoying it, overall. And in the assault mode they might actually have come up with a game style that works - the second one in the series at long last.

• 2 weeks later...

jumped off BFV for a while to go back to BF1

found that the time to die in V was just stupid fast

friends ragged on me for going back to 1 but just like 4 or the others it will always have a big part in my gaming life

brought me back into the world so to speak after many years of hibernation

need to just bunker down and grind with V i recon in hopes I get a bit better

how's the single player campaign ? I don't play much FPS any more at all for years, just got a bit over it all.

The last FPS i enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company, yeah ages ago but i'm not interested in dying over and over in MP. but if there's a decent single player story involved in BFV I'd be interested.

how's the single player campaign ? I don't play much FPS any more at all for years, just got a bit over it all.

The last FPS i enjoyed was Battlefield Bad Company, yeah ages ago but i'm not interested in dying over and over in MP. but if there's a decent single player story involved in BFV I'd be interested.

I haven't played the single player campaign

I think most of these games now are purely online with only around 10 or so hours of single player

they don't make em like they used to

lol

• 1 month later...