Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade Monitor AC Power

0xce

Question

Hi,

I have just bought a monitor (which I plan on using for Point Blank). It is a 19" Ducksan with the model number: CGM-1901

From what I can tell it runs directly from AC mains. On the label it shows POWER-TUV: 100-240V~, 50/60Hz, 1.2-0.6A UL: 120VAC, 60Hz, 1.25A. There is a molex type connector with 3 pins: Black, Green/Yellow, and White. The Green/Yellow (I know is ground) is attached to the metal frame. A couple of things I want to clear up before I attempt anything..

How can I confirm which is Live and Neutral ? Is Black guaranteed to be Live?

If I connect a cable which has an Australian plug to the monitor, I would like to confirm that the black would go to "Brown" and the White would go to "Blue" ?

I can provide pics if that will help confirm anything. It does look as though there is some form of transformer on the board. The display cable is wired up to a VGA cable.

Thanks for any advice!

10 answers to this question

Fair point, here are some pics..

Thanks and please let me know if any more photos are required.

Power Connector:

power connector.jpg

Connector Wires (Black and White) leading to board. The word behind the wires show "INPUT AC"

wires on board.jpg

View from the side

board sideJPG.jpg

Another view from the side (closer)

board side 2.jpg

Fuse

fuse.jpg

Transformer?

transformer.jpg

Samsung Label

samsung label.jpg

Ducksan Label

ducksan.jpg

Thanks madal, thats a handy site; the colour coding appears to be correct.

ajfclark: Ah this is a good idea, I have zero resistance to the fuse on the Black wire - which appears to confirm what you have said, however there is a low resistance (27ohms) for the White wire to the fuse, should I be concerned this is so low?.

Looks like the wires are Black = Live, White = Neutral

I have powered up the monitor, everything seemed right to me after going over it multiple times and it is now working.

There is quite a loud high pitch frequency sound coming from it which is very annoying :(