Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Meteor Targets - Best Ones to Buy.

Hey guys,

So I am finally going to get off my ass and replace my Meteor drop targets. Well, at the very least, I am going to buy new ones, then they will sit around uninstalled for the next 6 months :)

Which are the best ones to buy? There are these ones on Ebay, complete set and hot stamped numbers and letters. Bit more expensive than the others, but they look really good and cheap international shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STERN-METEOR-Pinball-Machine-Drop-Target-Set-Complete-Set-of-15-/232882395583

Then there are the Marco ones. These are not hot stamped and come with decals. Cheaper, but I would prefer the hot stamping so I don't have to deal with decals. Also, Marco shipping is insane, but I can get around that due to a mate in the states.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1477

There are the PBR ones, but I have been told before that ordering from PBR is a giant pain in the ass and I'd prefer something simple and easy.

http://pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm

Then there's the Action Pinball ones. Hot stamped targets, no decals.

http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=13-A-M6

To be honest, due to the simplicity, I am leading towards the ebay ones. Price is fair, cheap shipping and easy transaction. However, if someone tells me they are dire pieces of shit and not to buy them, I will listen to anyone who knows what would be best to choose. I am going to tag a couple of people who I know have owned, or currently own a Meteor. @KJS @Saber @Anthony. If you have any advice, send it my way.

Thanks!

The ones I fitted are good and the decals were easy to put on although the decals from pinball rescue actually look better.

I have bought two items from Classicarcades, one was a replacement playfield decal set for Addams that reacted with the clear. And the other was a Taxi speaker panel that was not printed correctly, needless to say I would not recommended them for anything but you may be lucky.

The ones I have are fine, but if the ball is moving slowly and at the right angle, it will drop targets, then roll into the side of other targets, without dropping them and then get caught resting on the targets. The ball rests in the channel where the drops pop up from. Every other Meteor I have played has the drops that have the cap on top of them. This cap prevents the ball from getting stuck in that channel, that's why I want to replace them with the new style ones.

The ones I have are fine, but if the ball is moving slowly and at the right angle, it will drop targets, then roll into the side of other targets, without dropping them and then get caught resting on the targets. The ball rests in the channel where the drops pop up from. Every other Meteor I have played has the drops that have the cap on top of them. This cap prevents the ball from getting stuck in that channel, that's why I want to replace them with the new style ones.

Interesting. Do you have it playing fast?. The ball usually rockets around that top drop target area. Can you raise the back legs a tad?

Interesting. Do you have it playing fast?. The ball usually rockets around that top drop target area. Can you raise the back legs a tad?

Yeah, it's set pretty fast. The legs are actually on chocks at the back to make it faster. May have the incorrect legs on it, not sure. But it's set above 6 degrees and plays faster than the 3 other Meteors I have played. When coming off the flippers, the ball does rocket around those targets, it's when it goes around the back, over the roll overs, that it can slow down, then just drift around and roll onto the drops and get caught. It's common enough to be bothersome, about 1/20 games or so I'd say.

Yeah, it's set pretty fast. The legs are actually on chocks at the back to make it faster. May have the incorrect legs on it, not sure. But it's set above 6 degrees and plays faster than the 3 other Meteors I have played. When coming off the flippers, the ball does rocket around those targets, it's when it goes around the back, over the roll overs, that it can slow down, then just drift around and roll onto the drops and get caught. It's common enough to be bothersome, about 1/20 games or so I'd say.

Sorry if I'm going over old ground, but what about an adjustment on the bottom plate to raise them a tad, or adding a shim to each target to get them flush.

Nah, not old ground, I haven't done any adjustment. Will need to learn how. I was just going to buy the new ones as they have been in all the other Meteors I have played, and seem like they would totally prevent the issue. I will instead take your advice and try adjusting them first. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe ask @Anthony too, I think he got some from Marcos but they had different type heads. My new ones have all flat tops.

Are yours the original tombstone targets @raysco? Or the ones with the added hood at the top like all the ones I linked? I will pop over when I'm on hols and bring my drop target assemblies for you to pass your expert eye over :) If I can raise the targets a few mm it might totally alleviate the issue.

Maybe ask @Anthony too, I think he got some from Marcos but they had different type heads. My new ones have all flat tops.
The Marco targets I got were for my Mata Hari. I haven't really done anything with my Meteor drops as far a changing or adjusting goes. @Saber had them all sorted.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app