Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

crt_emudriver update coming for 2018 cards

• 2 months later...

crt_emudriver beta15 is out! Support now goes up to Radeon RX Vega series cards, down through the RX 500, RX 400 right on down to where it used to.

Important to note that a lot of newer cards don't have analog output. I think conversion from HDMI might be recommended, though i'm not sure about DVI-D or DP. And there are dotclock limitations again on newer cards :/

Calamity says:

There's a serious limitation however with regards to the dotclocks these cards can support through HDMI. The minimum seems to be around 18 MHz, which not only prevents using low resolutions but even the usual 4:3 desktop modes like 640x480i. Super resolutions work nicely though, so they're perfectly usable for GroovyMAME.

I'd say cards up to the R7/9 300 series are still going to be easier to work with, though Atom15 compatibility might be an issue there as well.

Some more really interesting info in the thread where calamity annouced the driver release, on how messed up things are getting with newer cards :(

Edited by buttersoft