Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2018 Townsville Christmas Bash Sat 29th Dec

Hosting another Christmas Pinball bash at my place this year. IFPA comps x 2 pending approval.

When: Sat 29th Dec 2018. Comp will start at 9am sharp, people can arrive from 8am.

Where: My place - Alligator Creek, 20 mins south of Townsville

Cost: $20, includes lunch and some trophys/prizes

Very kindly sponsored by Amusement Machine Distributors so some cool prizes up for grabs! Thanks a million Michael!

Who: Anyone, families and kids welcome

Main Comp format : 5 round matchplay event with top 8 progressing to finals (details below)

Round 1:

4 player games on 2 machines.

Players grouped randomly

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th)

Round 2:

4 player games on 2 machines

Players grouped based on Round 1 seeding (tiered Swiss)

Round 3:

Players grouped based on Round 2 seeding (tiered Swiss)

Round 4:

Players grouped based on Round 3 seeding (tiered Swiss)

Round 5:

Players grouped based on Round 4 seeding (tiered Swiss)

After Round 5, top 16 (if 32 or more compete) progress to the semi-finals - in the event there are less than 32 competitors, the top 8 will progress to the finals

IF 32 OR GREATER COMPEITORS

Quarter Final

4 player games on 3 machines randomly selected

4 groups of 4 based on seeding Group A 1,8,9,16 and Group B 2,7,10,15 and Group C 3,6,11,14 and Group D 4,5,12,13

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th) - the top 2 from each group will progress to the Semi Final

Semi Final:

2 groups of 4 based on seeding A1, B2, C2, D1 and A2, B1, C1, D2

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th) - the top 2 from each group will progress to the Final

Final:

4 player games on 3 machines.

IF LESS THAN 32 COMPETITORS

Semi Final:

2 groups of 4 based on seeding 1,4,5,8 and 2,3,6,7

IFPA scoring (7 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 1 for 4th) - the top 2 from each group will progress to the Final

Final:

4 player games on 3 machines.

In the event of any round having a tied ranking for the final or to make the cut for a qualifying round, those players who are tied will play a multiplayer tiebreaker game on a single machine randomly drawn.

Side comp : Single ball of death (plunge 1st 2 balls with only nudging allowed, 3rd ball played as per normal)

This is just intended as a bit of a fun event, and will have a reasonable degree of luck involved. These games can be played between rounds, or if a machine is free during a round (you need to ensure there are no groups waiting to play it). Need to play in groups of at least 2, to record scores.

Qualifying:

Will be conducted on 3 SS machines: Possibly Wild Texas, Paragon and Quicksilver

You must plunge the first 2 balls, and NO FLIPPER hits are allowed before or during the ball is in play. Nudging is permitted. If a player accidentally touches the flippers once during either of the first 2 balls, their score will be recorded as whatever the score is after draining that ball. If the flippers are touched more than once in the first two balls, they will have a score of 0 recorded for that game.

The 3rd ball can be played as normal

Scores will be recorded for each player with scores ranked highest to lowest. Highest score will get 100 points, with decreasing values from there using the scoring system where 1st position gets 100 points, 2nd 97, 3rd 95, 4th 94 and decreasing by 1 point from there.

The top 4 ranked scores will play a best of 3 (on the same 3 machines), under the same rules (ie: first 2 balls plunged, no flippers), 3rd ball played as per normal.

Scoring will be IFPA 7,5,3,1 for the finals component.

Times: 9am sharp kickoff (arrive from 8am) , finish around 1:30pm or so, people can hang around a bit, but not all arvo/night please!

Likely Machines: , ACDC,, Medieval Madness, Paragon, Sinbad, Dialed In, Wild Texas, Demolition Man, Supersonic, Clown, Black Pyramid, Judge Dredd, Quicksilver, Vector, Freddy Krueger and maybe Pokerino

Let me know if you are keen and i will get cracking to organise

@AlexMc, @Pinlock5, @Wiked, @Davespinball, @ctucker, @Ando77, @pingun, @blown36, @BluebellC, @jason_giant89 or any other locals or travellers who might be around

We will provide a sausage sizzle for lunch, and maybe some goodies for smoko. Feel free to bring any nibblies and BYOG - kids will prob sell some soft drinks on the day. I will probably need some assistance with cooking the BBQ for lunch.

If you haven't been to my place before, PM me for address details

Edited by robm

Thanks Rob,

Can't believe I'm rostered on AGAIN ! :(

1 day I'm gonna make it !

Will be up for the T400 July next year, got anything going that weekend ?

That sux. Time. For some leave!

V8s are normally on the week of our young fellas birthday so often have other stuff going on then. Give me a yell when you head up though and drop in

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More prizes and giveaways turned up today. Thanks heaps to Mr Pinball. Signed Dialed In translite, t shirts, leds, signed flyers and stickers.

Let me know if you are coming if you havent already. dfa6c4120abecc735dbea5a4807e5011.jpg

Huge thanks to @ctucker for bringing this along! Game on soon. We will also try and stream, but I know next to nothing about it so will probably be only set up on 1 or 2 machines. Search robmpinball on twitch. cf6353b883ebf6733f7dff4b1560cdbc.jpgdf743bdc9a493b27b505cfd7c546d94e.jpg