Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Monitor missing Green?

SegaManAU

Question

Hi all

I have a 33' monitor, and it seems like Green is missing. I took some photos and the green looks like it's there!! I've tried adjusting the pots but it doesn't seem to help. Overall I'm OK with the picture but it just doesn't seem viabriant enough! Maybe I need to adjust to an arcade monitor which is 20 years old.

Any other suggestions? When I look at the colour bars at the monitor they look yellow to me, not green.

I should note that I'm using a Jomac universal chassis, recently installed and very happy with it. Monitor had no picture previously.

20181113-164822-resized.jpg

20181113-164737-resized.jpg

20181113-164728-resized.jpg

20181113-164722-resized.jpg

20181113-164822-resized.jpg

17 answers to this question

Yes, the green, red and blue pots are on the neck board but i haven't been able to them adjusted successfully.

I will add some red and reduce the green. The game is Tekken 3

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a quick go. No matter what adjustments I make on the neck board I can't get that yellow to turn green. :(

Have you contacted Joey @Jomac and spoken to him?

If it's a jomac chassis, he would be the first and best person to contact.

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

Not yet, I didn't want to annoy him so I thought I'd try my luck here first. I will give him a buzz next time I'm at the machine!

Just my thoughts i've always found Joey always willing to help and give advise.

100% agree with you. He went out of his way to help me when I installed the board to ensure it works. (I had no idea what I was doing)

Also should clarify it's a PENTRANIC CH288 chassis. I will give Joey a call soon.

OK Gents. A small update. I've found a replacement 33" monitor which I plan to install over the Xmas break.

The monitor is also a pentranic.

When looking at these connectors, I've noticed that the current monitor plug has the yellow and green connectors in different positions compared to the new monitor I've purchased. Will this make a difference at all, and could it possibly be the cause of my issues?

Current plug

20181222-200206.jpg

Plug on new monitor

20181222-200241.jpg

OK Gents. A small update. I've found a replacement 33" monitor which I plan to install over the Xmas break.

The monitor is also a pentranic.

When looking at these connectors, I've noticed that the current monitor plug has the yellow and green connectors in different positions compared to the new monitor I've purchased. Will this make a difference at all, and could it possibly be the cause of my issues?

Current plug

20181222-200206.jpg

Plug on new monitor

20181222-200241.jpg

You might just need to plug it in to the set of pins above the one that it's plugged into now, as the image might be upside down.

Nope, the image is in the correct orientation.

Sorry, you've lost me. It's working fine now?

The yellow and green wires are for the vertical deflection coil. You can either swap the 2 wires around, or plug it into the 4 pins above the existing connection.

Sorry, you've lost me. It's working fine now?

The yellow and green wires are for the vertical deflection coil. You can either swap the 2 wires around, or plug it into the 4 pins above the existing connection.

Sorry - I've got you now. I thought these wires had something to do with the colour.... Guess I'll have to continue with installing the new monitor I have!

You can have fun with those yoke wires as you can flip & mirror image the CRT picture by swapping the wires around. If you ever build a game cab with a two way mirror on a 45 deg angle that's how you get the image the right way up & make text readable.

Until you swap one of the wires from the vertical windings with one of the wires from the horizontal windings, then the fun comes to a sudden stop.

If you're going to swap the yoke wires around for a bit of mirrored madness, probably best to cut the 4-wire connector in the middle and then swap them around.

That way you can only swap horizontal or vertical with each other (the connector pairs are different sizes/widths), unless you really go crazy trying to shove them onto bent pins.

You'll normally find sets of RGB gain pots (like brightness, probably on mainboard) and RGB cutoff pots (stops colour coming too strong, probably on neckboard). Find, adjust. If no more joy, go back to Joey again (but email or wait until after Xmas/New Year).