Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The history of the Star Wars arcade game documentary

Was one of my all-time favs in the arcade.

Funny, some games play really well in a MAME cab and you get that nostalgic buzz, but I think without the yoke, vector monitor and sit-down cabinet, Star Wars never gets close to the original arcade experience.

Thank you for the kind words, yes I agree we need the original hardware to get the authentic feel

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done. While I can get some satisfaction playing the vectors with a trackball - Return of the Jedi just never works well without the original controller hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thank you for the kind words, yes I agree we need the original hardware to get the authentic feel

NICE!

...that was a fun watch!

For those of us who can't access one of those awesome Star Wars sit-downs, MAME with flight joy comes pretty dam close. :)

This one is cool too, though maybe outside the scope of the short video.

xwing.thumb.jpg.ee7bd48556ae958af9f2be6d981f9395.jpg

Had it running of a 286, bit choppy. lol. 486 or Pentium much better.

NICE!

...that was a fun watch!

For those of us who can't access one of those awesome Star Wars sit-downs, MAME with flight joy comes pretty dam close. :)

This one is cool too, though maybe outside the scope of the short video.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138670[/ATTACH]

Had it running of a 286, bit choppy. lol. 486 or Pentium much better.

Thanks a lot, I recall playing X wing on my 386 in it wasn't too bad. It would be a bit too Long for my series though. I had a guy request King's quest V and I just asked him how can I do that in 10 minutes and make it interesting for the viewer? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely Done!

Except no Rob Mruczek in it booooo :P

Thank you very much

- - - Updated - - -

Very well done

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Thank you kind sir

I think the great thing for me about the xwing game was extending that immersion. Taking you outside the original story in the form of missions, that which were quite challenging, especially switching gear like shields and weapons on you console, (keyboard). But added to the fun. I mean, I expect being a rebel fighter wouldn't be a walk in the park. :)

Oh and @patmanqc I didn't realise that was your work. Nicely done mate! Usually we see a cut n paste in the threads, not original work. Usually, not always.. lol.

Cheers,

:)

I think the great thing for me about the xwing game was extending that immersion. Taking you outside the original story in the form of missions, that which were quite challenging, especially switching gear like shields and weapons on you console, (keyboard). But added to the fun. I mean, I expect being a rebel fighter wouldn't be a walk in the park. :)

Oh and @patmanqc I didn't realise that was your work. Nicely done mate! Usually we see a cut n paste in the threads, not original work. Usually, not always.. lol.

Cheers,

:)

Not a problem, I enjoy doing these videos and if you like them please subscribe and share them so my channel can grow.

Did you ever play tie fighter? That game was pretty good as well