Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Reflections Of Arcade & Pinball

acejas

Had a few tonight...and just reflecting on the pinball and arcade scene...It's bloody choice!

We all have opinions and thoughts that differ and thats OK...other wise it would be boring...stand up for what you believe in otherwise just let it go.. BUT tonight I just reflected on the weekend thats just happened. Due to RL I havent been active (and thats cool too). My point? Look at the weekend that has just been.( and if you go deeper....the last 3 years) 1. Kong Off - just WOW - watched last night - made a post (no one noticed who I was LOL - beside the point) - what a cool scene - not my scene but cool - still waiting to get my A into G and catch up with the Netherworld crew (with voucher in hand hahaha).

We have the Melbourne crew that had an absolute blast hosted by Cruiser & Moira...far out I wish I was there...watching the vids...no pinball but just party time!!! BUT please FFS (and this aint at you Moira - you the bomb!) Shut up and roll up to the plate boys !! LMAO!

Houseball last weekend - this time hosted By Anthony (luv ya bro!) Just awesome - hospitality at its best - just like the other hosts!

The opening of the Ivory on the Tweed - WOW. Nice to see a new joint which my wife (who had a brilliant time - and spent my $18 pocket money) and I visited and caught up with the bro & sis who I hadnt seen since June AND awesome Rob who took us there! (Got absolutely smashed on $5 stone & Wood).

Theres a couple of meets (social & competitive - sorry Hasman - Gotta goto the Wifes xmas party as I missed last years with QLD state) scheduled around Aussie for the month and BIG comps (big comps equals catching up with interstaters (love you guys!).

My Point?

Think about it? How friggen awesome is this whole scene?? All intertwined of people (Id put it at around 500 people) that is just friggen phenomenal.

Respect and homage to organisers, hosts & participants of game playing and partying

BUT take a look at what Aussie Arcade has done for us...lot of ewes look and dont post (personally to me thats OK) - I was always shy and in 2006 I joined the forum and went to my first meet in 2007. Even with Social media sites and all...AA is it and a personal. shout out Trav (and mods Furballx - brother from another mother! ) Love him or hate him (Trav not Furball - everyone loves him LOL (I love him - but geez - another topic of discussion LOL) thanks to you bro for your prick of a job that you do for the greater cause)

Ending my rant....I have met people that I will be mates for life..

....love you guys and gals

PS...doesnt help after having shitty Citrus cheap voddy LOL - but no regrets telling the aroha (love) & mana (honour, presence) for you all

Had a few tonight...and just reflecting on the pinball and arcade scene...It's bloody choice!

We all have opinions and thoughts that differ and thats OK...other wise it would be boring...stand up for what you believe in otherwise just let it go.. BUT tonight I just reflected on the weekend thats just happened. Due to RL I havent been active (and thats cool too). My point? Look at the weekend that has just been.( and if you go deeper....the last 3 years) 1. Kong Off - just WOW - watched last night - made a post (no one noticed who I was LOL - beside the point) - what a cool scene - not my scene but cool - still waiting to get my A into G and catch up with the Netherworld crew (with voucher in hand hahaha).

We have the Melbourne crew that had an absolute blast hosted by Cruiser & Moira...far out I wish I was there...watching the vids...no pinball but just party time!!! BUT please FFS (and this aint at you Moira - you the bomb!) Shut up and roll up to the plate boys !! LMAO!

Houseball last weekend - this time hosted By Anthony (luv ya bro!) Just awesome - hospitality at its best - just like the other hosts!

The opening of the Ivory on the Tweed - WOW. Nice to see a new joint which my wife (who had a brilliant time - and spent my $18 pocket money) and I visited and caught up with the bro & sis who I hadnt seen since June AND awesome Rob who took us there! (Got absolutely smashed on $5 stone & Wood).

Theres a couple of meets (social & competitive - sorry Hasman - Gotta goto the Wifes xmas party as I missed last years with QLD state) scheduled around Aussie for the month and BIG comps (big comps equals catching up with interstaters (love you guys!).

My Point?

Think about it? How friggen awesome is this whole scene?? All intertwined of people (Id put it at around 500 people) that is just friggen phenomenal.

Respect and homage to organisers, hosts & participants of game playing and partying

BUT take a look at what Aussie Arcade has done for us...lot of ewes look and dont post (personally to me thats OK) - I was always shy and in 2006 I joined the forum and went to my first meet in 2007. Even with Social media sites and all...AA is it and a personal. shout out Trav (and mods Furballx - brother from another mother! ) Love him or hate him (Trav not Furball - everyone loves him LOL (I love him - but geez - another topic of discussion LOL) thanks to you bro for your prick of a job that you do for the greater cause)

Ending my rant....I have met people that I will be mates for life..

....love you guys and gals

PS...doesnt help after having shitty Citrus cheap voddy LOL - but no regrets telling the aroha (love) & mana (honour, presence) for you all

Cuzzy bro. I remember way back when you and Furbs swung by and picked this old fart to go to a meet on the central coast.

Actually when I think about it I remember flying into Cooly and Furbs was the meet and greeter. then onto Yatala pies. then Stubas Mega meet. jeez those were fun and the infancy of meets I feel.

From Stubas gracious hospitality the scene has grown heaps. So many good memories.

Here is a few of my faves:

Furbs having to piggy back Yee around the room twice after loosing a bet.

Lee Feldwick giving us a mini forum on old PF restos.

Bulldogs polish inferno spirit

The hungi.

The taxi ride from the airport to stubas

All in all a great time. I think this was a crucial turning point in pinball mainstream. Thanks @stuba

Hahaha solidarity!! Soooo many times bru!!

True story.. @WOKA @ Stuba I remember it like it was yesterday! Us 3 and Leah at the end of 1 of many WOka meets, Stu suggested lets do an awesome meet...far out it was MEGA...the begiing of what it is today...but my first meet went back to some joint orgainised on AA and met.... @ROLLERBALL...and then Furball...mates for life ...just like u Bru (what is it with you aussies saying Bru!!!)

Totally agree @acejas I have meet great folks through AA and made some close mates. There are still many more names that I would like to put a face to. Such a great forum and platform to meet some really awesome people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds. I can confidently say that since joining AA I have never looked back and constantly look to the future of, interesting topics to be discussed tournaments to be attended and socials to gather at. The people I have meet through AA now form my close circle of friends who I'm intouch with daily and catch up with often more so than friends I have had and knowen for 20+ years of my life. I to have so much to be thankful for from simply being a part of the Aussie Arcade community.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I've met some outstanding guys from being part of the pinball and arcade scene. My wife laughs about how much more social I became when I started going to all the various meets. There's a small group of Brisbane guys that I now see on a regular basis, either at meets, or just hosting people in my own garage, or going to their garages.

This hobby goes incredibly well with beer, and beer goes incredibly well with shit talking. It's a great combination. I am waiting for the day when I have a larger garage and can host a proper meet where there is enough space for everyone.