Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Just a quick note to say thank you for last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, although I arrived still exhausted from the 10 days of the Brisbane Masters. I was happy with the selection of machines put together and how they were set up and adjusted throughout the tournaments.

From a player's perspective, I found the TD did an amazing job. I enjoyed the strategy involved in the Friday's event and the freedom to explore the ticket system, the scorers were great and prompt, everything was run like a big event should. The quick response by the Techs was fantastic. Games were fixed as soon as an issue emerged. The venue was great, dedicated and it really showed.

But before all, I got to meet and hang out with some really cool people this last weekend, truly showing their passion for the silver ball and competitive pinball. And people tend to forget that it's all on the back of volunteers!

Who would have thought that this player from WA I've never met would win the SA Masters? I had to battle him for 2 rounds of finals... He was a natural too, I didn't see him trip over any game. Great job Brett, I look forward to battle again soon!

I hope to see you all again, and forget the boundaries of states! Whether it's in QLD, VIC, NSW, SA, WA, clearly, who cares: competitive pinball in Australia is healthy and fantastic.

Thanks Nic,

I second your sentiments about the Aussie pinball community. And totally agree about your compliments for the tournament, machines , TD, techs and everything else that went into this event. Who knows... given the recent Stern Pro Circuit announcement, we can build this to be a second Aussie one.

I’ve only recently rediscovered the joy of pinball, and jumped into the competitive scene. It doesn’t matter where you go, the people are always awesome (Brissie and SA Masters prime examples, as well as my WA local events). All such diverse backgrounds, experiences, playing styles - but underneath all really great people, whom I enjoy spending time with, and I would do anything for.

Can’t wait for our next “national” gathering to face off against all you legends again, and maybe have a beer or ten :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time at SA Masters. I'll have to put it on my must do events alongside Coolangatta and Brisbane Masters.

Thanks to everyone who put together the events. I liked the best game card format, which challenged you to get 7 decent scores to qualify. Few times I would have 3 great games in a row only to be followed by 4 shockers. It was a good event to start with, so that everyone could get a feel for the games. Couple that with the flip frenzy afterwards and I would have played most of the games in the venue on the first day.

I say this because I think you could probably do away with practice the next day. Even though its only meant to be 30 seconds per player for practice it ends up being a lot longer than that. Probably 5 minutes extra per game times 3 games per round times 6 rounds... That adds an extra 90 minutes throughout the day! If there is no practice everyone is in the same boat, and the events on the day before give people a feel for the games. Probably keep practice for the finals, but to keep the event moving along for matchplay I think practice could be scrapped. Just my opinion :)

Well done to all the winners for the events. Over the 6 events there were 6 different winners! Bit of a change from Brisbane Masters events with Colin winning everything :) Even the top 3 in most events were different, with the exception of PJ placing in the top 3 in 4 events. (I believe he had to pay extra baggage on the flight home for his trophies)

The venue was great and the food truck was an added bonus. Was sorted for lunch every day. It never seemed like there were too many people crowded into the room which was good. Dont know if the plan is to expand the event but it looks like you couldn't fit too many more people in. Might have to look at other venues if expanding the event is on the cards.

Thanks to Stu, Brett and Andrew for giving me some beers.

Biggest thanks to Lou Martire for letting us stay at his place. Cooked breakfast each morning and picking us up and dropping back to the airport. What a legend. Congrats on the win in the pump and dump finals mate. Well deserved.

That 24 hour bakery you have there is the best. Good luck finding anything open 24 hours in NSW :)

Cheers,

Pat

Had a great time at SA Masters. I'll have to put it on my must do events alongside Coolangatta and Brisbane Masters.

Thanks to everyone who put together the events. I liked the best game card format, which challenged you to get 7 decent scores to qualify. Few times I would have 3 great games in a row only to be followed by 4 shockers. It was a good event to start with, so that everyone could get a feel for the games. Couple that with the flip frenzy afterwards and I would have played most of the games in the venue on the first day.

I say this because I think you could probably do away with practice the next day. Even though its only meant to be 30 seconds per player for practice it ends up being a lot longer than that. Probably 5 minutes extra per game times 3 games per round times 6 rounds... That adds an extra 90 minutes throughout the day! If there is no practice everyone is in the same boat, and the events on the day before give people a feel for the games. Probably keep practice for the finals, but to keep the event moving along for matchplay I think practice could be scrapped. Just my opinion :)

Well done to all the winners for the events. Over the 6 events there were 6 different winners! Bit of a change from Brisbane Masters events with Colin winning everything :) Even the top 3 in most events were different, with the exception of PJ placing in the top 3 in 4 events. (I believe he had to pay extra baggage on the flight home for his trophies)

The venue was great and the food truck was an added bonus. Was sorted for lunch every day. It never seemed like there were too many people crowded into the room which was good. Dont know if the plan is to expand the event but it looks like you couldn't fit too many more people in. Might have to look at other venues if expanding the event is on the cards.

Thanks to Stu, Brett and Andrew for giving me some beers.

Biggest thanks to Lou Martire for letting us stay at his place. Cooked breakfast each morning and picking us up and dropping back to the airport. What a legend. Congrats on the win in the pump and dump finals mate. Well deserved.

That 24 hour bakery you have there is the best. Good luck finding anything open 24 hours in NSW :)

Cheers,

Pat

My thoughts exactly pat. I know I will be spreading the word everywhere I can to get to this awesome event.

It all started from the moment we landed , straight to a private collectors place for pizza & pinball. Then 3 days of solid competitive pinball with great guys.

I believe people will be on a waiting list next year if they don’t commit early enough.

Adelaide pinball scene is gaining momentum very quickly, quality of players is on par with the rest of aus.

See you all again next year .

Thx to everyone for the compliments, thx to everyone involved in making it happen including the players. I had a really good time, even though it was quite stressful making the calls and keeping things on track.

The greatest pleasure for me comes from providing a great experience for the players, especially those who sacrificed the time and the coin to come from interstate (so soon after the BM).

We hope to make next year even better, now that the tournament has such far reaching participation.

(Greg)

I suck at pinball, but surprisingly fluked a couple of wins with you at darts @VON .

I really don't play pinball comp's much anymore as for some reason I always play my worst games....

Well maybe that's just my pinball skill normally lol.

Anyway, I will always support SA pinball in the big events, and this event was well run, well attended and well played by all :)

Before this thread gets any older, I would like say thanks and well done to everyone that organised the tournament, travelled from interstate, donated their pinball machines, officiated, volunteered, sponsored the event and local participants....... Bravo!

Congrats to Brett Smith WAAAA for taking out the 2019 SA Master, well deserved!

In regards to the 3 day event, I thought it ran smoothly, were plenty of smiles and call outs (Greg G 'YOU IDIOT' haha), enough room to move about which is key in my opinion, layout of the pinball machines was good (a little tight in a couple of spots) overall thumbs up!

To Pat and PJ It was a pleasure hosting you blokes and it was no trouble at all cooking breakfast etc. 70 WPPR points, well done PJ, super skills and awesome effort! Pat, you're an easy one mate, bacon and peanut butter. Well played and congrats on finishing second btw next time i'm at the bakery i'll try the chicken parmy pie!

Cheers,

Lou