Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally posted this back on page 4 of this thread but "for those who came in late" I'll re-post it here with a couple of minor changes.

Just a heads up that the City-Bay fun run (the words fun and run don't really go together in my opinion) is on Sunday 15th of September (finals day) and King William St will be closed to traffic until around 10.30AM. This will mess with the 2 bus routes listed in the first post. There are alternative stops. Check out the Adelaide Metro website for more details.

Just something to keep in mind for anyone staying in the city.

Also for those of us coming from the south crossing Anzac highway will be a nightmare on Sunday until 11AM with the exception of the South road underpass.

Amusement Worx 2019 SA MASTERS 13-15 September

“Simon and Steve at Amusement Worx have had offers from several players to come in late Thursday to help out by 'testing' machines.

Thank you to those who have offered, but 26 of the 29 machines should be in place, tested, levelled etc and ready-to-go by tomorrow evening.

Love the tone of this post, Paul lol

Just got back from o/s and was going to get in touch (I’ve phoned Grant already) to see if I could assist with any “real”(!) tasks that need doing but you guys are machines!

Let me know

So glad you guys got the food cart as discussed - this will make a huge difference to the vibe and help things run much smoother.

Don’t know about anyone else but I can’t play hungry or without an appropriate level of caffeine (or ETOH at times)!

Attention Adelaide pinball players. Come join us in pirie at the bowl for a relaxed pinball comp over three days. 25th,26th and the 27th of October. Apologies to anyone i my not of asked (or harrassed at the event) lol. All are welcome to join for a flippen good weekend. We enjoy the competition and would appreciate your support.

Cheers to creature and co. For a awesome weekend. A job well done.[emoji482]

Thanks to the interstate people for kicking owl buts And digger dite for giving them a

Scare in the finals doing his bit for SA and port pirie.

Anyway enough tribble from me. Hope everyone has a awesome week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Attention Adelaide pinball players. Come join us in pirie at the bowl for a relaxed pinball comp over three days. 25th,26th and the 27th of October. Apologies to anyone i my not of asked (or harrassed at the event) lol. All are welcome to join for a flippen good weekend. We enjoy the competition and would appreciate your support.

Cheers to creature and co. For a awesome weekend. A job well done.[emoji482]

Thanks to the interstate people for kicking owl buts And digger dite for giving them a

Scare in the finals doing his bit for SA and port pirie.

Anyway enough tribble from me. Hope everyone has a awesome week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Everything Chaza said.... but I'd just like to add Concratulations to Brett Smith who won the SA Masters Main Event Trophy to take back home with him to WA! . Fantastic effort! :slamtilt:

Also, love the bigger events with interstate attendance, and getting to meet up with plenty of great new (and pre-existing) pinhead friends! :cool:

Awesome stuff guys! It was a fabulous event, and huge thanks go out to all involved in organising. I can only imagine how much effort went into this multi-day event - and I would like to say as a participant - your efforts are hugely appreciated!! From the year-long planning through to the completion of the event you all did AWESOME!!

I will get our WA folks organised and bring a full onslaught next year :) Hopefully we can get a decent bunch to commit early on to help with your planning next year.

WA will also look an event like this, but I think we have a lot of learning to do from you and others who have run multi-day events - we might have to try and get Twiggy or Gina to sponsor a flight and hotel to bring you all over :)

I can't wait to come back!

Cheers

Brett

Simon here from Amusement Worx ,

As I repeatedly have said through out the days of the tournament.

Firstly the volunteers Amity & Garry thank you so much

Thank you Greg for making sure all ran smooth and having to make the tough calls on the ruling

Thank you to all the scorers and officials

Thank you to our sponsors AMD and Allpro Audio.

Thank you Grant ,Greg and Ray for the loan of your machines

Thank you Tom for the T Shirt design

Thank you Andrew for the endless supply of Fruchocs that must have cost many $$$$

WOW what a team.

And of course Steve my business partner for putting up with me.

Actually all of our team thank you for putting up with me.

Thanks to all the interstate player's that made it too little old Adelaide thank you.

Last but not least All of the SA Players, because without your support with showing up to our tournaments the pinball scene in Adelaide wouldn't be.

cheers all of you and I hope I haven't left any one out.

Simon:)

Edited by gamesrus

Just a quick note to say thank you for last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, although I arrived still exhausted from the 10 days of the Brisbane Masters. I was happy with the selection of machines put together and how they were set up and adjusted throughout the tournaments.

From a player's perspective, I found the TD did an amazing job. I enjoyed the strategy involved in the Friday's event and the freedom to explore the ticket system, the scorers were great and prompt, everything was run like a big event should. The quick response by the Techs was fantastic. Games were fixed as soon as an issue emerged. The venue was great, dedicated and it really showed.

But before all, I got to meet and hang out with some really cool people this last weekend, truly showing their passion for the silver ball and competitive pinball. And people tend to forget that it's all on the back of volunteers!

Who would have thought that this player from WA I've never met would win the SA Masters? I had to battle him for 2 rounds of finals... He was a natural too, I didn't see him trip over any game. Great job Brett, I look forward to battle again soon!

I hope to see you all again, and forget the boundaries of states! Whether it's in QLD, VIC, NSW, SA, WA, clearly, who cares: competitive pinball in Australia is healthy and fantastic.