Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Just yesterday I bought this really nice cab set up with a 60 in 1 and all working. Would anyone know of a replacement control panel for this, and is this an original one, and have more buttons and joysticks been put in? He said it had one of those karate games in it, before he changed it over. I have always loved this cab, so I want to make it look nice again. I probably might get rid of the 60 in 1 and maybe set it up as a Defender to match my Williams, but could be a bit silly having two of the same games. I also have a board set for Moon Patrol which might be nice in it? What do people thing about my thoughts? And another control panel repro, or original would be nice too. Thanks Wazza.IMG_1993.thumb.JPG.14f6ff8a2e5eabf1b5517f632133e187.JPGIMG_1994.thumb.JPG.4cc9cc80925492925209e53e883fa987.JPGIMG_1928.thumb.JPG.0edafb8c978af98251c8cd63377a1947.JPG

Just a little nice distraction for looking at my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a link to my Imgur folder with pics of my old Defender cab.

https://imgur.com/a/qpCWA

Scuzzbucket folder here..

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/Kaizen088/library/Taito%20Defender%20Upright?sort=3&hotlinkfix=1529666068928&page=1

I scanned the original control panel and I think Mamepatrol may have cleaned it up.

c9J3sfF.jpg

oUX8cJZ.jpg

6vHXuGUl.jpg

sQUOLAGl.jpg

Edited by Kaizen

The control panel is the generic Taito panel however that panel was never fitted originally to any red cabinet as they were all made Defenders and all had the panel @Kaizen has linked to.

Once the game was changed then that panel you have was used for two player games so yes, it is original Taito but not to a red cabinet.

The exact same cabinet design come out in a lime green instead of the red and these cabinets were more the "generic" cabinets that were for what ever game was making money at the time.

Good cabinets yes, I will agree with that.

The first versions of the reds were being kicked apart in Australia and this the Japanese could not understand but they came out and saw what was failing and supplied steel angle bracket kits to stiffen the cabinets up significantly....A good example of these you can see by removing the control panel and looking inside the front cash box panel where it attaches to the side panels of the cabinet.

If you cab has them it was a cabinet fitted either by the factory, a return cabinet to have it done or one of the Japanese installed ones. If your cabinet doesn't have them, it was one that was sold originally making it one of the first batch machines. I would suspect that to be a rare cabinet simply not having them.

I have no idea how many went out without the kits installed or where later retrofitted but I would suspect not many.

The original serial number papers were stamped with a code to indicate the mod had been done, I don't remember the code but the paper work would have more than likely two sets of date stamps on it at least if it was a factory modded unit.

These were all fitted to the cabinets not sold already still in the Australian factory and the later ones come from Japan with them pre-fitted.

All future machines after the red Defenders came with these kits already installed.

On the roof of the cabinet you will see a bracket on each side with an eye in each. This you can put a piece of round bar through, connect a block and tackle to the round bar and lift the machine perfectly balanced straight up.

This is exactly how the machines were suspended in the Japanese assembly line during assembly.

Enjoy your Taito red cabinet. You have a cabinet that has probably paid for itself 100s of times over in it's life because unlike a pinball, video cabinets were reused over and over again.

The control panel is the generic Taito panel however that panel was never fitted originally to any red cabinet as they were all made Defenders and all had the panel @Kaizen has linked to.

Once the game was changed then that panel you have was used for two player games so yes, it is original Taito but not to a red cabinet.

The exact same cabinet design come out in a lime green instead of the red and these cabinets were more the "generic" cabinets that were for what ever game was making money at the time.

Good cabinets yes, I will agree with that.

The first versions of the reds were being kicked apart in Australia and this the Japanese could not understand but they came out and saw what was failing and supplied steel angle bracket kits to stiffen the cabinets up significantly....A good example of these you can see by removing the control panel and looking inside the front cash box panel where it attaches to the side panels of the cabinet.

If you cab has them it was a cabinet fitted either by the factory, a return cabinet to have it done or one of the Japanese installed ones. If your cabinet doesn't have them, it was one that was sold originally making it one of the first batch machines. I would suspect that to be a rare cabinet simply not having them.

I have no idea how many went out without the kits installed or where later retrofitted but I would suspect not many.

The original serial number papers were stamped with a code to indicate the mod had been done, I don't remember the code but the paper work would have more than likely two sets of date stamps on it at least if it was a factory modded unit.

These were all fitted to the cabinets not sold already still in the Australian factory and the later ones come from Japan with them pre-fitted.

All future machines after the red Defenders came with these kits already installed.

On the roof of the cabinet you will see a bracket on each side with an eye in each. This you can put a piece of round bar through, connect a block and tackle to the round bar and lift the machine perfectly balanced straight up.

This is exactly how the machines were suspended in the Japanese assembly line during assembly.

Enjoy your Taito red cabinet. You have a cabinet that has probably paid for itself 100s of times over in it's life because unlike a pinball, video cabinets were reused over and over again.

Thankyou for your info you are very good at that Steve. [emoji108][emoji108]. I suppose it was so much easier to repurpose a video machine to make more money with a new game. I noticed the bottom square frame to support it, is made out of left over side panels. It has the red stickers on it, on the inside. So unused side panels were cut down for other parts? Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Defender