Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball in Melbourne

Kozzi

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but it seemed the best spot. So mods, if this isn't right then feel free to shut the thread down.

I'm heading to Melbourne for Flipout and to see some family. I was wondering where, besides Flipout itself, people would recommend I check out to get a bit of Melbourne pinball culture.

I'm doing some separate searching, like the lists of sited machines, but there's always those spots that the locals know. Plus Melbourne is one of those cities where you need to know what you're looking for or you'll walk past a red door for an hour, so I thought I'd ask out :)

My accomodation is up in Fitzroy North, so I'm pretty central.

Thanks!

Barcadia in Flinders Lane in the city is cool

Bartronica, i think he means...

Pinball Paradise (inside the Island themed bar, push through the bookcase on your left - opposite the bar - and find the stairs up to the pinball area) up near Queen Victoria market. Annoyingly, they post to their facebook page nearly every day, even though they are closed Sun-Tues.

Pixel Alley on Smith at Gertrude (closed Sunday i think, but open every other evening)

Those are the main ones easy to get to. If you're staying in Fitzroy, then Pixel Alley is your most convenient. They have four or five modern games, generally at least one brand new title.

Have a flipping great time!

Pinball Paradise (inside the Island themed bar, push through the bookcase on your left - opposite the bar - and find the stairs up to the pinball area)

This sums up Melbourne perfectly to me.

Thanks for the advice!

You can get to the Golden Fleece from the city in about 15 minutes on the 109 tram along Collins St. The current lineup is Jackbot, Demo Man, Phoenix, Bally Playboy, Dialed In, ST:TNG, Safe Cracker, Medieval Madness and The Shadow

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies all. I have a good sense of where I'll be found on Friday before Flipout.

One other quick question, does anybody know where I can find a Wizard of Oz in Melbourne? We just learned that its not likely to be at Flipout and it was the machine my wife was pumped to play, so I'm hoping I can surprise her when we're out and about.

Thanks for the replies all. I have a good sense of where I'll be found on Friday before Flipout.

One other quick question, does anybody know where I can find a Wizard of Oz in Melbourne? We just learned that its not likely to be at Flipout and it was the machine my wife was pumped to play, so I'm hoping I can surprise her when we're out and about.

Just so you know Bayaside has moved their monthly meet to the Friday evening at the Golden Fleece hotel.