Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MANIAC on Netflix

Jed

We've just finished this and I reckon it's Netflix's best original series by miles. I just $^%$@# loved it so much.

Almost defies being put in any genre. If I had to try I'd put it as a cross between Altered States - for the trippy inner journeys of the mind, and 2001 a Space Odyssey for the overarching AI - who's in control of all the patients at a Big Pharma drug trial for a new drug being made to deal with psychological damage. Stylistically it's a bit like Brazil - using old CRT's and old tech/style in a modern environment.

I've said enough, watch this !

• Administrators

My wife and I tried to watch this. Watched the first episode and bailed. Just wasn't for us and I normally like this sort of stuff. It could not hold our attention at all as we found it actually pretty boring.

Brad

My wife and I tried to watch this. Watched the first episode and bailed. Just wasn't for us and I normally like this sort of stuff. It could not hold our attention at all as we found it actually pretty boring.

Brad

I had to push through the first 2 eps, reading the above after each helped me.

I would recommend trying again, but up to you of course :)

I liked it, strange but enjoyable, it wasnt to hard to follow I didnt think.

But My favorite Netflix series which I watched a few weeks ago was The Haunting of Hill House. I was a fan of the 60's movie so was extra enjoyable for that reason. But the filming of this Series was great, the Camera operator must have been top of the line so it has the feel of an A-grade movie not some B-grade horror.

there was one scene towards the end of the series where the camera operator followed about 5 different people for about 5 minutes at least, fitting in 5 different points of view in one giant take, I thought that was amazing, not one cut scene or anything, just one continuous filming, was just so cool.

And best of all the scary moments were not predictable or overdone, you need to watch out in the background for hidden ghosts, that can be missed if you focus purely on the character. No Cheap scares like most horror movies have.

I liked it, strange but enjoyable, it wasnt to hard to follow I didnt think.

But My favorite Netflix series which I watch a few weeks ago was The Haunting of Hill House. I was a fan of the 60's movie so was extra enjoyable for that reason. But the filming of this Series was great, the Camera operator must have been top of the line so it has the feel of an A-grade movie not some B-grade horror.

Worth checking it out.

Yeah I'm in the middle of watching The Haunting of Hill House. Good watch so far. Might have to take a peak at Maniac after I'm done.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Brad

You have a-d-d ? [emoji38] j/kidding

Hang on, most gamers have a-d-d me included but i found it riveting.

I usually follow the 4 episode rule with any series. Eg the first ep of The Orville was so terrible but glad i stuck with it.

It's a very trippy series not your average bread and butter bs that netflix serves up. Stick with it and you'll be glad you did.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

• Administrators

Yeah I get it guys. Thing is my wife and I like to watch shows together when we can and we find it very hard to pick a show we both like. My wife won't sit through another of this. I may give it a go although I have a backlog of stuff I want to watch so forcing myself to watch 2-4 episodes of a show that didn't hook me will be difficult ;)

PS: I love The Orville

Brad

Watched our first ep of Maniac last night and thought it was OK, will probably give it another watch and try not to form too much of an opinion yet. But so far I would say I found Black Mirror a much more entertaining show, we have watched 3eps of that and I will definitely be watching ALL of them.