Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cab Frontend Software Help HERE!!!

Have any you guys used GameEx???

WOW

By far the most userfriendly, feature packed and pretty front end ive seen.

Im still in the planning stage for my MAME cab but looks like i've already chosen my front end :cool:

Have any you guys used GameEx???

WOW

By far the most userfriendly, feature packed and pretty front end ive seen.

Im still in the planning stage for my MAME cab but looks like i've already chosen my front end :cool:

That looks perfect for someone like me who was wanting their arcade cab to also be used as a jukebox on occasions. Seems I can set it up to play pretty much anything I want from my MP3's through to video's. Will play with it over the next couple of weeks and decide from there. :)

-ZXR

That looks perfect for someone like me who was wanting their arcade cab to also be used as a jukebox on occasions. Seems I can set it up to play pretty much anything I want from my MP3's through to video's. Will play with it over the next couple of weeks and decide from there. :)

-ZXR

I agree with ZXR - although I've never used GameEx, from what I've read it appears to be the bee's knees as a Windows jack of all trades front end. Windows is the easiest way to go if you want a setup that does more than just play arcade games, especially when using multi-channel sound cards. That way you can have MP3s playing as well as all the sounds from the game you're playing.

IMO the best front end, if all you want to do is run MAME, is GameLauncher. It has some very good features and provides you with a 'no frills' GUI and it is reasonably easy to set up. The downside for many people is that it is DOS based.......

I'm sure Elvis will chime in with his thoughts on the virtues of Linux, and my challenge to him is to come up with a Linux distro that includes his favoured front end and all the necessary trimmings so everyone at Aussie Arcade can convert with ease and benefit from Linux goodness. :D

I've got GameEx running on my cab and it was very simply to setup. The only thing it's missing at the moment is that all the themes available are a little ordinary. There's nothing that stands out for me personally...

HI All and Smit , First time posting on here , just found forum . I'm currently setting up a PC using the MameWah front end which will end up in the Cab im which needs to be completed - so going to spend up on all the parts needed..lol..

I've been fidling with the frontend and have started to slightly work things out , and want to try other emulators besides mame with it. Just wanted to say I appreciate that there are people out there willing to assist with advice and help.

Fingers crossed , so thanks in advance to anyone who might help me when I get stuck....

Take Care , Guys...

Chad

I've got GameEx running on my cab and it was very simply to setup. The only thing it's missing at the moment is that all the themes available are a little ordinary. There's nothing that stands out for me personally...

I reckon it looks pretty good. It doesnt have that cool tech feel but feature wise it's pretty good. Plus if you donate you can also have karaoke.:cool:

I had a look at 3D Arcade as well...have yet to install it but the screen shots looks pretty cool.

What really grabs me about GameEx is the Jukbox/Video player features that are intergrated into the front end.

Plus the ease of which you can add other emulators.

I like the idea of a multi purpose cab.

• 2 years later...
hello mate, i'm tryin to setup mamewah and had trouble setting it up so i was wonderind if you could help me. thanks

Post your question and i'll see if i can help as well....have been working with MameWah for about 6 months now and while im by far and away no expert i'll see if i can help.

Its a great program that is very configarable but can be very daunting....keep the faith though..

PS: Hope this doesn't turn into another where are my MAMEwah discs with a massive list of people waiting for em...hehe...we already know how that ends!!!

I gotta agree with Chris here. Game Launcher is the best.

I tried heaps of them, but what I wanted was a front end that was full screen, never required a mouse, didn't need to be launched when I turn the PC on, could be rotated any way I want, etc...

Game Launcher fits the bill nicely. It is very very configurable and you can make it do whatever the hell you want.

If anybody wants me to set it up for them, flick me a PM and if your willing to mail me the hard drive I will be happy to plonk mame on it with the roms and configure it for you so you just turn the computer on and up it comes in all it's full screen glory.