Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Hi,

So I have a better understanding of what I'm doing, or at least think I do and trying to achieve.

Console > RGB C-sync > Extron > d-sub > Ossc

So to use SNES as an example.

There is a RGB, C-sync and ground to tap into. Ignoring audio, I'll do that separately.

The extron converts to TTL which d-sub can take.

Can I wire

R, G, B, C-sync/ground on the coaxial shield and then connect the ground at the dsub to RG, GG, BG

Or

Do I write R/RG, G/GG, B/BG, C-sync/ ground

Or

Do I run a seperate ground and ground off at the d-sub.

Cheers for the help

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused.

I would simply take a solid ground point from the Snes, run that to the drain wire / shield of your video cable - one end to ground of the Snes AV connector and the other to the shield of the DSUB, and to a single ground pin if there's one present. With a scart connector I usually wire one pin of ground on the top row of pins and one on the bottom. I don't bother linking every ground pin as they're usually all tied together by the device you're connecting to.

weeeeel, now you come to it, the screening on the coax lines lines acts as shielding from EMF, so you should connected at least one end of each outer conductor in a coax run, even if that coax run is inside an overall outer shield. Probably won't much make difference at 15kHz though.

Im still a little confused as to how I wire this.

1. 4 coaxial - R/RG, B/BG, G/GG, C-sync/G

2. 4 coaxial - R, B, G, C-sync/G

3. 5 coaxial - R/RG, B/BG, G/GG, C-sync/G, ground

Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

You are missing the point ;)

Assuming all ground lines are connected inside each device on each end end of the cable (meter this) then 2. as a minimum effort job would work. You're better off using 1. though, as being slightly better shielded. A separate drain wire should not be required, and especially so without a 5V wire. I like to add 5V so i have 5V power if i want it later for an amp for sync splitter or whatever.

If you want to go nuts, look up ground looping and star grounding. This will make no visible difference to a 15kHz signal in my limited experience, but the theory is there.

Remember to use 75R coax, and not old RCA audio cables. Again, this will make very, very little difference at 15kHz, but best to do it right the first time.