Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Questions Regarding A RPi.

Been using a RPi with an old version of OpenLec as my farm's entertainment and it does the job perfectly however I think maybe the OP needs to be upgraded as OpenLec appears to be gone.

Question, is there an alternative media player for the RPi that doesn't require being connected to the net for it to function?.

How I use the existing setup is I put content on a 2TB USB hard drive and run it through Media Companion where I have the net, it plugs into the RPi via a powered hub and everything is great.

If I'm only putting just a very movies on, I just put the new content on a 32GB thumbdrive, plug that into the powered hub, the Openlec file manager sees the 32Gb and the 2tb hard drives and I just transfer from the 32gb onto the 2tb.

All was running great till the WD Elements 2TB shit itself so I'm now up to building a new HDD, a Toshiba Canvio Basics 2TB this time and now I'm thinking maybe it is time to swap the OP away from OpenLec as well?.

Thoughts and advice would be nice if anyone understands what I doing.

Cool, thank you sir. I'm presuming it, LibreElec, is for the RPi as well?

Metadata, covers etc, I get Media Companion here on this PC to load this data in "same as movie name folders" so every movie has a couple of folders and the RPi loads this and stores it.

Media Companion I set to provide these folders for each movie title, usually 3 or 4 other folders called the same as the movie title but with different file types.

As soon as you boot the machine with the movie and these other "movie name folders", the machine sees them and stores that data, not the movie itself, into the movie data folder. You can then go into filemanager and delete these "other movie data folders" as the data is now in the movie data folder exactly as it does using an onboard movie scrapper does.

It's a crude way to get the movie info into Kodi but it works when the onboard movie scrappers don't and it also allows you to put the movie and it's metadata on multiple machines without needing to scrap the movie on every machine.

I also like Media Companion because it is just so much quicker to scrap movie data than the ones using Kodi itself.