Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Where to order a supergun in Australia

Hey all, don't normally post much on this forum, but I figured this would be a good place to ask.

I bought a few CPS2 boards last year and am looking to be able to run them.

I look at ebay and the the superguns are pretty darn expensive. Personally I'm looking to just get a supergun motherboard and just fitting it in a case and save the money instead.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm currently developing two superguns, Australian based!

Silver edition, which I've just finalised, and gold edition which I've almost finished prototyping.

Silver edition being the more budget model, gold edition being the top end model.

Both support:

ATX or arcade power supplies.

Onboard negative 5V generation.

Voltmeter to display 5V and 12V readings.

Neo-Geo, Mega-Drive, Snes, PS1, Xbox, Wii controllers. Neo-Geo by default, the remainder via adapters.

Kick harness connector.

Regenerated, buffered and attenuated video.

Attenuated audio. Mono or stereo where supported by game boards.

RGB scart, component, s-video, composite video output.

Gold edition features:

THS7374 RGB video amp with switch to toggle LPF on/off.

3 and 4 player support via separate controller hat.

Dipswitch to enable or disable buttons 4,5,6 from the jamma edge.

4 layer PCB with heavier copper weight and gold immersion finish.

IMG20181019192832.thumb.jpg.e14eae6f05b1e745731c39e02fd9a26c.jpg

40257943_2125593774371028_4545545540703617024_o.thumb.jpg.4a26bb6e562d79d652583bad3ca3e3ed.jpg

38624508_2103491639914575_3440876395939495936_o.thumb.jpg.b021ed1bded23151b930b2a66f36dafc.jpg

It utilises a 9 pin mini DIN, exact same spec as Mega Drive 2, for RGB video output. All you would need to do is purchase and utilise a Mega Drive 2 RGB scart cable wired for Jap21. That or use a Euro scart cable with a J21 converter cable.

I wouldn't recommend the Frameister though, it introduces a ton of input lag. OSSC is the way to go thesedays. Better yet, use a CRT!

Yeah, will considering getting one when I have the case, but first need to get a proper Supergun.

Can you add me to the list for a gold edition?

These look fantastic, can't wait to get one.

Hey mate, how's the PC engine? All good?

I bought one of the following from the UK I think. I love it except I have developed sound issues on x2 jamma boards I think from the scart TV I’m using as a Monitor I think has a built in amp in the tv as most TV’s would so it’s putting to much draw on the mono amp and stuffing the amp circuit on the boards. There is suppose to be on board fixes for this but I don’t think there is a one size fits all approach to this being deference’s between jamma mono, jamma stereo (late addition added to pinout) like jamma stereo and some games switch between stereo and jamma.

Anyway what I’m doing to mine is to attach x1 8ohm speaker and volume pot to the super gun itself and cut the sound to the tv so my jamma boards will just be running std mono sound just like a std jamma cab and to be sure the boards sound section aren’t being over powered.

IMG_0027.JPG.a5745574efd90dee444b79c72f96d01a.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I would advise against the Retroelektronic like the one pictured above. Tons of issues with them, they don't handle audio correctly nor do they process video in a safe way, alongside a plethora of other issues. Superguns like that are what inspired me to make my own.

I'm currently developing two superguns, Australian based!

Silver edition, which I've just finalised, and gold edition which I've almost finished prototyping.

Silver edition being the more budget model, gold edition being the top end model.

Both support:

ATX or arcade power supplies.

Onboard negative 5V generation.

Voltmeter to display 5V and 12V readings.

Neo-Geo, Mega-Drive, Snes, PS1, Xbox, Wii controllers. Neo-Geo by default, the remainder via adapters.

Kick harness connector.

Regenerated, buffered and attenuated video.

Attenuated audio. Mono or stereo where supported by game boards.

RGB scart, component, s-video, composite video output.

Gold edition features:

THS7374 RGB video amp with switch to toggle LPF on/off.

3 and 4 player support via separate controller hat.

Dipswitch to enable or disable buttons 4,5,6 from the jamma edge.

4 layer PCB with heavier copper weight and gold immersion finish.

This sounds amazing, is there a wait list or something I can sign up too?

The CD audio started dropping out :(

Sorry to hear that. I assure you that I fully tested the console before I shipped it out to you and was working perfectly with CD and Hu card titles.

When I bought this console 3 years ago the seller told me that the CD lens and Capacitors were replaced. Perhaps the pots for the CD drive need adjustment.

Here's a video which illustrates this:

Sorry to hear that. I assure you that I fully tested the console before I shipped it out to you and was working perfectly with CD and Hu card titles.

When I bought this console 3 years ago the seller told me that the CD lens and Capacitors were replaced. Perhaps the pots for the CD drive need adjustment.

Here's a video which illustrates this:

I'll give that a try and if that doesn't fix it i'll get a new laser. No big deal.