Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi 3D printers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 2mm brim, as big as I could fit.

It started out fine, began lifting near the end.

Heated bed for me and a bigger print volume.

It's a pity you're so far away, I'd buy it off you. They ran out really quick at Tamworth and they don't discount.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I had a 2mm brim, as big as I could fit.

It started out fine, began lifting near the end.

Heated bed for me and a bigger print volume.

Use the bostik glue and smear the bed, we all had the lifting problem at first, again once you figure it out you wont have the problem.

Its trial and error, some of your problems will also be the settings. Every printer you buy you need to dial in the settings.

Also I tend to use a slightly thinner peice of paper to level my bed, not the piece that was supplied with the printer.

I just finished this one, 19.5hours of printing no problems, you can clearly see how tacky my print bed is with the bostik glue.

I dont even bother cleaning the bed, I hadnt used this printer for about 2 months and just leveled it loaded the file and off I went, It was still tacky enough not to bother redoing it.

Ill screen shot some of my printer settings for you to use, you could do changes if you want, but they work for me.

legslegodone.thumb.jpg.e7327b451b39b09559d45cb33eeefbc3.jpg

Well trying it again but this time I smeared the mat with the provided glue stick.

Fine so far but time will tell.

I think your problem could be that you need a wider brim, mine are 10 to 12mm, but I understand that you don't have the room with the item you're printing.

Use the bostik glue and smear the bed, we all had the lifting problem at first, again once you figure it out you wont have the problem.

Its trial and error, some of your problems will also be the settings. Every printer you buy you need to dial in the settings.

Also I tend to use a slightly thinner peice of paper to level my bed, not the piece that was supplied with the printer.

I just finished this one, 19.5hours of printing no problems, you can clearly see how tacky my print bed is with the bostik glue.

I dont even bother cleaning the bed, I hadnt used this printer for about 2 months and just leveled it loaded the file and off I went, It was still tacky enough not to bother redoing it.

Ill screen shot some of my printer settings for you to use, you could do changes if you want, but they work for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139304[/ATTACH]

Same here I don't wash it with alcohol very often now. I definitely get adhesion issues when I do.

The filament, the printer, the ambient temperature and humidty can all affect a print.

Ok here is some screen shots of some of the acura settings I have, combined with bostik glue.

Now these settings good be tinkered with if you find you can do better later on but this is roughly what I use most of the time. may help get you started.

If you cant find those settings displayed on the right hand side menu then read back at past posts as Ive already explained how to make them appear in that side scroll menu.

there would be no point taking it back as there is nothing wrong with the printer and also $200 for a good 3d printer is an absolute bargain.

Buildplate.jpg.703ded5b94b1cb88e3ecca696078e7fe.jpg

setqaul.jpg.030ba29bd6ca24f092280641741887fe.jpg

shell.jpg.3542d12969356582a6636c5096b0b088.jpg

speed.jpg.fb877edeadc0e34d219143e690367401.jpg

Edited by jason1

Ok here is some screen shots of some of the acura settings I have, combined with bostik glue.

Now these settings good be tinkered with if you find you can do better later on but this is roughly what I use most of the time. may help get you started.

If you cant find those settings displayed on the right hand side menu then read back at past posts as Ive already explained how to make them appear in that side scroll menu

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139305[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139306[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139307[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139308[/ATTACH]

It looks the same setup as mine.[emoji106]

Glue stick seems to have done the trick.

Only problem now is I reckon I'll run out of filament before the print has finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139311[/ATTACH]

Would be worth checking to see If Aldi also has the Filament roll on sale, If they discounted the printer they may have the filament cheap also

I did pick up a roll as they were cheap.

But... I've been using the small bundles that were included with the printer.

Print worked out well, although I ran out of filament at about 85%. Tried to feed a new bundle of filament in as it was printing but couldn't manage it. Couldn't work out if you could pause the print, add new filament, and then resume. Not sure this feature is available?

Anyhow it worked well enough for me to test. All I wanted is a PCB bottom plate.

IMG20181201211623.thumb.jpg.bcbc27697f94aeb362068768f40bba0f.jpg

IMG20181201211543.thumb.jpg.de104f47d66c7a873c3635f9780387d2.jpg

I did pick up a roll as they were cheap.

But... I've been using the small bundles that were included with the printer.

Print worked out well, although I ran out of filament at about 85%. Tried to feed a new bundle of filament in as it was printing but couldn't manage it. Couldn't work out if you could pause the print, add new filament, and then resume. Not sure this feature is available?

Anyhow it worked well enough for me to test. All I wanted is a PCB bottom plate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139314[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139315[/ATTACH]

I'm sure you can pause it but I'm not sure how well that feature works. I tried it oncewhen I first bought the printerand I got a layer shift.

My local Aldi had filament last time I was there. In two different cabinets on display, not discounted.

$35 kg is on the high side for filament for me. Generally I've read that people seem to like their filament.

Regs,

Red.