Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi 3D printers

They're at it again. They'll have the Cocoon Create Model Maker on Wed the 31st of October. This is a slighly better model than the last one in that it has a magnetic sprung steel build plate for super easy removal of the printed objects. Still no heated print bed though.

Cheers Trev 8638f5157df883f5bb9b7e82bff02ad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking of getting started in this stuff and thought maybe this unit might be OK
They do have a small build volume and can only do PLA but I've had a fair amount of success with mine. My biggest issue is with adhesion but that's something you've got to experiment with as different filaments and brands all adhere differently.

The bonus with the new model is the flexible, magnetic build plate. It's basically a thin spring steel plate, that you print on, that's held in place with magnets. You just pop the steel build plate off the machine and flex it to remove your print.

If you get one get a couple of rolls of the Cocoon filament Aldi will be selling too. It's a fair price and prints well.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I bought one and it's OK. Printed about a dozen things with pretty good results. Had a couple of fails which could be due to the magnetic bed wearing as the footings didn't stick well and effected the job early on. One was a terror dog where one of the feet dislodged. Bigger base stuff no probs. Will try the glue stick approach to test the dog again

• 3 weeks later...
Discounted to $199 at my local Aldi, for that price I couldn't resist. Damn Aldi, go in there for some chicken and walk out with a 3D printer!

Figure if it's crap I'll just return it, they're great with their 60 day return policy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]139247[/ATTACH]

They're great just small. I just printed this on mine.2fcee3f19a25aec12206164c547f5ec5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's going back to Aldi.

Think it's faulty, can't seem to add filament. I let it warm up, hold back the clamp, push filament through but it just won't feed through. Doesn't melt or feed in at all. :(

Sounds like a blockage in the nozzle. It can happen if the ptfe tube isn't pushed into the hotend all the way.

So it says on the screen that it's heating up, once that is done the stepper turns and screen says to push clamp and feed filament until it extrudes. I do this but the filament doesn't feed in, it just hits the nozzle and stays there, won't push in at all.
Yeah that sounds like a blockage. You'll need to remove the nozzle and possibly the heat break (threaded tube between the hot bit and the heatsink) and clear the blockage. That ptfe tube needs to be square on the end and pushed right in.

I had this happen to me last week for the first time. I must have pulled on the tube when I removed the last lot of filament.

if I wanted to copy and print something, how do you get the file ?
It depends on what you're after. Thingiverse has a lot of designs that you can download as stl files or you can use a cad package to draw your own. I use SketchUp. You then run the stl file through your slicing software and that creates the gcode the printer uses.