Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Funhouse trapdoor

KJS

Question

Hi all. Just wondering if I might be missing a small spacer or something under the hinge where it meets the plastic ball trail piece? Bit of a lip there and think the balls will possibly damage it over time?

Any help appreciated.

20180606_173951.thumb.jpeg.52b59a6b9d23729cea6e15c2cc08f3b4.jpeg

5 answers to this question

I believe the two bolts on the upper section of the hinge should pass through the plastic.

Here is a photo from a Funhouse i worked on a few months back. The plastic was actually broken as you can see in the photo, with the piece still attached under the hinge.

fh.thumb.jpg.90f5da6291615c437e16aca20e5dc847.jpg

Interesting thats a new nos nos plastic there and it doesn't extend that far....

Hang on. Digging further through my photos.

I think the plastic you have is fine - looks like the plastic under the hinge is separate. Here is another shot with the other piece installed. My memory was it was broken, but it could simply have been the piece under the hinge was cracked.

Regardless, the plastic under the hinge lifted it up higher to the level of the other plastic.

fh.thumb.jpg.aa4f8e2467f4bbce19d5888dedc06728.jpg

Um both my original and repro clear plastic had a step at the end. So it actually should be the entire length but the part the trap door hinge sits on is thinner or stepped down from the rest of the plastic piece. It then will sit flush. So the stepped piece plus the hinge thickness equals the thickness of the plastic. Hope this makes sense

I suppose you could make a small piece to suit although it would make sense if the plastic was one piece and the end is held down by the trap hinge