Welcome Welcome:  0
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: The Beatles by STERN

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    State
    Sunny Gold Coast
    Posts
    5,827
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)
    England

    The Beatles by STERN

    Last edited by Replay; 24th October 2018 at 10:56 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    State
    South Australia
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Australia
    Oh noooooo!
    Last edited by razorsedge; 24th October 2018 at 10:17 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    State
    Melbourne
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    This is a joke right? Looks like something Homepin made!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,322
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1232 Post(s)
    Australia
    Stern is releasing a Beatles pinny based on a Seawitch layout. Love the vinyl record disc.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    427 Post(s)
    Australia
    Yay - a Stern that doesn't mean I have to open my wallet.

    We as collectors do forget Stern is just as interested in growing the hobby with new buyers as selling to their regular crowd, and I think this game will appeal to first time buyers with its simplicity and proven layout. Should be easier to maintain for newbies as well.

    Good luck to them, hope they sell a heap and keep bringing out tons of new titles!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    State
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,671
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1358 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by chopchop View Post
    Yay - a Stern that doesn't mean I have to open my wallet.

    We as collectors do forget Stern is just as interested in growing the hobby with new buyers as selling to their regular crowd, and I think this game will appeal to first time buyers with its simplicity and proven layout. Should be easier to maintain for newbies as well.

    Good luck to them, hope they sell a heap and keep bringing out tons of new titles!
    Has there been a quoted price yet? I doubt it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than a Stern Pro. I will be surprised if it is. A pro is what, $8500-$9000 or so these days?

    I love the idea of SS style games being remade, as I love SS games and the Beatles is one of my all time favourite bands. Here's hoping it's a fair chunk cheaper than a Pro, but I won't hold my breath.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    State
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,322
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    427 Post(s)
    Australia
    Pro will be normal price according the Head2Head laddies, but the diamond and platinum editions will be ????????????????? (out of my reach anyway)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    State
    SA
    Posts
    655
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    Australia
    The Beatles ?!! You're joking right !...…. Hell No

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,461
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    848 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    Has there been a quoted price yet? I doubt it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than a Stern Pro. I will be surprised if it is. A pro is what, $8500-$9000 or so these days?

    I love the idea of SS style games being remade, as I love SS games and the Beatles is one of my all time favourite bands. Here's hoping it's a fair chunk cheaper than a Pro, but I won't hold my breath.
    Given they are making less than 2000 of them I think it's going to hurt.
    Live on Twitch, Tuesdays 6pm + other random times | twitch.tv/ajfclark | You can vote for what machine I play, click here, follow my channel and type '!vote' in chat for details | Movember: mobro.co/ajfclark

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    State
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,671
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1358 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by chopchop View Post
    Pro will be normal price according the Head2Head laddies, but the diamond and platinum editions will be ????????????????? (out of my reach anyway)
    Jeez, kind of sucks that it will be the same price as a far more complex Pro like Iron Maiden or Deadpool. I guess the licence would have been pricey, but paying the same amount of money for a significantly less complex game is pretty shitty in my eyes. They will still sell like hotcakes to the Beatles collector crowd.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Beatles Oz style
    By Ando77 in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th July 2018, 07:52 PM
  2. The Beatles...Abbey road...
    By lexmark in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd May 2014, 09:36 PM
  3. Beatles Pinball
    By ANT68 in forum Pinball
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th June 2009, 11:48 AM
  4. beatles manager
    By cazanth1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th March 2009, 10:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •