Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wurlitzer 3100 Tonearm not returning

sab70

Question

I have a 1966 Wurlitzer Americana 3100. The tonearm after hitting the runout groove does not return, so the reject cycle does not happen. The record just continues to spin with the arm lying on the disc. Does anybody know what the problem might be and if there is a faulty part, what that could be? Or, is there a way of engaging the reject cycle manually?

Many thanks.

6 answers to this question

Hi Sab70,

I once owned a 3300 Wurlitzer (I believe the jukeboxes would be similar).

I had the same problem.

I think it could be the trip switch out of adjustment or faulty.

If I recall, the trip switch is a black plastic block mounted behind the front face plate (on the right side) right behind where the tone arm goes through.

The tone arm activates the switch (at the end of the record) by a bracket attached to the tone arm. It actually pushes against the switch to activate it.

Try to manually activate this switch.

If this works it may be just gummed up with dirt/dust or out of adjustment or it may have worked it's way loose.

There are adjustment screws.

To check if it is faulty you will need to put a multi-meter on the wires attached to this switch and manually activate the switch.

Make sure the jukebox is turned off to check this.

I hope this helps.

Gordo....

Hi Gordon

Thanks for the advice, I've located the trip switch but can't seem to activate it manually. It is likely that the trip switch itself is faulty so will check that using the meter you suggested.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks again

Shayne