Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi arcade cabinets are here

• Administrators
Maybe they just need to be remarketed to kids. (Just not at $500!) They’re pretty much dwarf height right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verne Troyer approved!

1up.jpg.71d8dceaf401a72937dd7f8ce9af93ec.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 pump up spas still on a pallet though

Hasnt been as hot as it has been here? .

they only lasted a few days with the heat we had ahaha. man i was tempted lol ahaha

the 3d printers in our local hasnt really sold either. so plenty of arcades and 3d printers.

I told the cashier today that the product was a joke & showed him what you could make for a lot less, Priceless reaction..
Why? I don't understand what that's going to achieve? The cashier is there working.

I don't think insulting people is a good thing in anything.

So in a way my present from my Mrs is a joke to you. (In a indirect way)

Personally I'm chuffed she bought this for me.

I'd like to see a complete break down in parts / cost, including costs of artworks, wiring etc.

And not 2nd hand parts or parts you have lying around.

I'm truly curious on how someone can build and have the same finish for less.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm more interested in the games in your machine @Savage . You grabbed "indirectly", the one I would have been inclined to buy with it's games selection.

I'm curious how good the version of games are especially the Defender.

Pretty easy to mod the cabinet into something bigger and maybe increase the screen size but only if the games are a good representation of the original game in my opinion.

Trying to find a good version of Defender is the hard part I think but if it is a indeed a good version, the machine could be something worthy of building upon especially with the other games that go with it.

I'm more interested in the games in your machine @Savage . You grabbed "indirectly", the one I would have been inclined to buy with it's games selection.

I'm curious how good the version of games are especially the Defender.

Pretty easy to mod the cabinet into something bigger and maybe increase the screen size but only if the games are a good representation of the original game in my opinion.

Trying to find a good version of Defender is the hard part I think but if it is a indeed a good version, the machine could be something worthy of building upon especially with the other games that go with it.

One of the review posts early on mention it's a low powered board running emulation.

For good emulation you need a better CPU (Speed rather than cores).

The only way to get a good version of Defender besides the original PCB would be a cab running Mame in Syncrefresh mode, Even better on a CRT to help reduce display lag.

So to answer your question - No it's not a good machine worth of building upon.

Given the materials, I wonder if it could be converted to a standard cocktail machine which might be better than a mini upright.

The only way to get a good version of Defender besides the original PCB would be a cab running Mame in Syncrefresh mode, Even better on a CRT to help reduce display lag.

Sorry but nope you are wrong, the only way to get arcade perfect Defender is to run a JROK Mulltiwilliams board which is hardware emulation not software and runs just the same as the original boards.

Defender fans should steer clear of these cabs as Defender is totally unplayable with these control panels. If you want Defender then join the Williams Defender Players Unite facebook group and talk to them about CPs and joysticks then build a cab with a CRT and JROK :)

Sorry but nope you are wrong, the only way to get arcade perfect Defender is to run a JROK Mulltiwilliams board which is hardware emulation not software and runs just the same as the original boards.

Defender fans should steer clear of these cabs as Defender is totally unplayable with these control panels. If you want Defender then join the Williams Defender Players Unite facebook group and talk to them about CPs and joysticks then build a cab with a CRT and JROK :)

Ah yes, Forgot about those. Indeed that is the best way.

Well I do have a "Defence Command" board. Not exactly a Williams board set but being all on one board rather than the multiple Williams setup, made it much more suitable for the Taito Tables we were fitting them into.

Pretty sure it has a problem though but I'm sure someone here could fix it.

Geez Get a life, I don't know you or your wife & my post has NOTHING to do with you . So In a way your a joke ( I'n a direct way).
Your response is that of a child.

Who the heck goes out of their way to tell a cashier they can do better than what they are selling at a shop as if a cashier would care.

I call BS, and something a school kid would say to feel superior.

I have a life, more than just arcades and pinball. I just found your post insulting and immature.

I'm not debating you can get/ build better machines.

But I think these will be fun for what they are.

Not sure what I'll do with mine, but my son and his mates and my wife's friend kids I'm sure will be playing it.

Like an oversized bartop.

Who the heck goes out of their way to tell a cashier they can do better than what they are selling at a shop as if a cashier would care.

lk

you would be surprised how many people on a daily basis will tell me how i should run my business

I have a life, more than just arcades and pinball. I just found your post insulting and immature.

Really , Never heard of "CONSUMER FEEDBACK" Your an idiot if you haven't. I've run retail chain stores for over 20 years & have the sales awards to prove it. I also retired at 49 debt & mortgage free. Suck it up...